2018-19 Men's BasketballRoster

74Titan

Would someone kindly please list the known returning players for the 2018-19 season, as well as (actually) signed freshmen/transfers coming in next season?  Listing those considering ORU for 2019-20 would be a plus, but not necessary. Thank you.

Impossible to know exactly what the 2018-19 roster will look like. There is always some sort shake up over the summer. Verbal Commits is one of the best places for keeping track of offers ORU has made and signees.

Players who have already signed LOI's:

• Kennedy Milton
  • Carlos Jurgens
  • DJ Weaver
  • Kevin Obanor

• 3 weeks later...

Not a shocker...seems like a nice young man, hope the future is bright for him...guessing DIII or NAIA?

2 scholarships open by my calculation.  A 6'4" /6'5" guard (JUCO?) and another post (Eman's brother?) would be my guess at the pieces they need to add with the 2 scholarships available.

1. Harris (R-Sr)
  2. White (R-Jr)
  3. Miller (Jr)
  4. Eman (Jr)
  5. Kearns (Jr)
  6. Fuqua (So)
  7. Ahmedic (So)
  8. Obanor (F)
  9. Milton (F)
  10. Weaver (F)
  11. Jurgens (F)
  12. __________
  13. __________

I had forgotten about Sutton’s scholarship. I think you are right about what they are looking for - a tall, athletic guard that can shoot; juco would be nice to add some maturity - and a shot blocker in the post. Of course, every school in America is looking for those players as well. 

Let’s hope the coaches have some rabbits to pull out of their hats. I know it’s not from lack of effort. Maybe we could get a transfer player. It wouldn’t help for next year, but you can’t turn away talent. 

These final scholarships are important. The rebuilding will take time, but I like what I see so far. Let’s hope the returning players put the effort in during the offseason towards becoming a better basketball team. 

I considered whether to add Sutton as a scholarship player.  I think i remember a poster on here saying he was put on scholarship.  However, the athletic dept never made any kind of official announcement.  That made me think that if he was it was just for the year because they had one available after defections from McDaniel and Conley during the fall.

I wonder if Sutton does not end up walking on with his dad at Texas Tech or his uncle at Ok State.

I did not count Sutton in the mix either.  I have Milton as a point guard. I believe  we now have:

3 Centers , 4 Forwards, 2 shooting guards, and 2 Point guards = 11 which leaves 2 more recruits. I am like you and hope White, Eman, Miller, and Ahmedic  get better over the summer. I do like Ahmedic"s upside and wish I could have seen more minutes out of him. Harris improved much over the year along with Miller. We are better than last year and we now have: 1 Senior, 4 Juniors, 2 Sophomores, and 4 incoming freshman. With 2 more recruits we should improve for next year.

If Mills hits with a couple of his recruits in this class, ORU should be able to compete for third or fourth in the league next year.  The following year with Daum gone and the current sophomores as seniors they should be competing for the league title.

-

I only live about 40 minutes from Northern Illinois University, and have always hoped that maybe ORU would come play NIU....looks like that won't be happening anytime soon with the announcement of this tourney....

having said that, I do like the match ups of mid-majors despite ORU, NIU and JMU all having down seasons this year...should be competitive games.... what I don't like is with this being a Thanksgiving tourney, I guess that means ORU won't be playing in any early season multi team tournament.... 

1. White (R-Jr)
  2. Miller (Jr)
  3. Eman (Jr)
  4. Kearns (Jr)
  5. Fuqua (So)
  6. Ahmedic (So)
  7. Obanor (F)
  8. Milton (F)
  9. Weaver (F)
  10. Jurgens (F)
  11. __________
  12. __________
  13. __________

So we are still going to have a very young ball club.  Hopefully with those last three (3) scholarships we can snag a very good grad transfer and maybe a good JUCO or two (2). 

Did not see Harris leaving. He improved as the year progressed and got more playing time. Someone said he might be graduating - so maybe he wanted to get closer to home. 

I met him at the pre season bbq dinner along with Conley - they both sat at my table. Conley was quiet and a bit shy. Harris was more talkative; articulate and well spoken & confident. He seems to be a very nice young man. I hope he is successful wherever he lands. 

If true, Jontray would be a big loss.  He was one of our best guards by the end of the year.

• 2 weeks later...

Was reviewing the listed transfers on Verbal Commits and noticed that  Tyson Jolly is transferring from Baylor. He is a 6'4" freshman guard from OKC.

Also noticed that six (!!) Evansville players are transferring.

More info on Tyson Jolly:

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2018/03/20/baylors-tyson-jolly-expected-transfer

Jolly redshirted his freshman year for the Bears, but struggled to make Scott Drew's rotation this season. He played just 178 minutes across 20 games - no start - and connected on 9-of-43 shots (20.9 percent), while pulling in 36 total rebounds. Jolly also tallied five blocks and four steals.

Jolly was a four-star recruit, and the best overall Oklahoma in the Class of 2016, according to 247Sports. He originally signed with Cal-Berkeley but was released after a coaching change after which he joined the Bears.