South Dakota at ORU

theeagleman5

Coyotes are 22-6 and head into tonight's game at Mabee Center at -6.5.....the O/U is 146.5......they are on a 4 game winning streak and trail SDSU by one game in the race for the #1 seed in Sioux Falls....SD should win this game by 10+ and cover easily.....I would expect another high scoring game so this looks like easy $$$.....2 losses in a row at home are very rare for ORU over the past 15 years but TheEagleman thinks that ORU has pretty much packed it in for the season and we are totally overmatched.....I know this is "Senior Night" but it shouldn't  make any difference....maybe the Good Guys will put up an early fight but I expect us to get worn down in the 2nd half and South Dakota prevails by 88-77.....ouch!....:tmi:

Well....this is quite a surprise....ORU up 41-33 at half but still another 20 minutes left to play.....Javan White decides to show up tonight with 10 points....Ruder has 11 to lead ORU...Harris and E-Man with six....I have only watched a few minutes but we look pretty good and outrebounding SD also.....Coyotes are a very solid squad so let's see if the Good Guys can keep up this pace...TheEagleman would love  it.....as I said above....ORU doesn't often loss back to back at home....so my play for SD and over isn't a large one....will gladly take a loss to get an upset win tonight ...:eagles:

(Sorry--this was a duplicate of the one above.)

Edited by titansforever
Delete post; it is a copy.

Nope....it didn't last....Coyotes taking over now....54-47 with 12 min left to go....the party is over.....:|

5 minutes ago, ORUIllini said:

No RJ again tonight? Is this a long term concern? 

At this point the only concern is next season.

• Upvote 2

Easy win for TheEagleman tonight....SD straight up and SD teased with the over....we totally fell apart in the 2nd half getting outscored by 52-26 on our home floor....that's embarrassing....not like we were playing Kansas....this is friggin' South Dakota.....glad this season is coming to a merciful end....;(

Looking more and more likely that we will face the Coyotes again in Sioux Falls in early March in the 2/7 match-up.  From what we saw tonight, it could be a decent game (first half) or a laugher (2nd half).  Unfortunately, I'd lean towards the latter...

ORU will most likely be playing SDSU or SD in the first round of the tournament in Sioux Falls.....it's not gonna be pretty....the team bus should arrive back home early on Sunday, March 4th if anyone wants to greet the guys....:tmi:

Gotta call it like I see it:  this team was never the same after Ruder returned and cut into RJ Fuqua's minutes.

Not that I think RJ is the answer; but I have to wonder if it affected the vibe off the court as much (more?) than it did on it.

Messing with chemistry can be a volatile undertaking, in a laboratory or in a locker room.  One mistake while mixing the components, and it can blow up in your face.

The team that beat Missouri State and won at UALR and FGCU was tough and resilient.

This team is not.

Horrible, horrible finish to the season.  Barring some sort of miracle in Sioux Falls (and I would consider winning one game a miracle at this point), there needs to be some SERIOUS soul-searching all up and down the bench in the off-season (including the guys in the sport coats).

The talent difference seems to be one of the most glaring issues as I watch us play other teams.  Quite frankly, we just have less talent than other teams.  Recruiting will be the key to change the course of this program over the next couple of years.   

We also have a first year coach that is learning to be a head coach.  It's much different than being an assistant.  He's a wonderful man and I believe he'll right this ship.

Mills needs a couple of his recruits to hit next year or it will be more of the same I'm afraid...

He needs Milton to win the PG spot and Deshang Weaver to be ready to play right away at the three so he can move Eman back to the 4 spot.

That would give you -- Milton, Harris, Weaver, Eman, and White with a bench of Kearns, RJ, Miller, Obanor;  red shirt the Euro and then Mills has to decide if Manek and Emir return or look for more playing time elsewhere

• Upvote 1