NDSU at ORU

theeagleman5

Yeah...TheEagleman saw ORU on Sports Center this morning....real nice.....I don't think ORU will win another Summit game...maybe we can upset SD at home but unlikely.....we need to finish in that 6 spot if we want to have a shot at not being one and done in Sioux Falls....that may take at least one more win.....I think the most likely scenario is that ORU finishes 7th...but absolutely would be shocked if we finished 5th.....not gonna happen....6th -8th is probable....still 4 games to be played so lots of possibilities......:geek:

5 hours ago, ManiacAlum said:

Even the shot wasn't a thing of beauty but it looks good in the win column.

Not to sound pro-tanking, but I was kinda hoping to fall out of that 4-5 game (assuming NDSU would be in one of those spots) and have both SDSU/NDSU on the opposite site of the bracket from us for the first time. 

You might get what you were hoping for.

I don't know for sure that NDSU and ORU will be in the 4-5 game or not.  Denver has the same record as both NDSU and ORU.  

Denver's schedule isn't very tough.  They don't play any of the top 3 teams in the standings from here on out.

The only road game that they have is @ Western Illinois(#8).  Western is in last place right now.  

They also have Omaha(#7), ORU(#4-tie) and NDSU(#4-tie) at home.  Denver has already beat USD and only lost to SDSU by 4 at home.  They seem to play tough there.  I'm not saying that Denver will win out but I can see them winning 3 of their last 4 games.  It might come down to either the NDSU-Denver game or the ORU-Denver game on which one of those 3 teams falls into the #6 spot and plays IPFW in the first round.

As far as the ORU-SDSU game, I hope SDSU's coach figured how to attack the zone at the free throw line and in the corners or it could be a long game for SDSU.

Haiston on dwindling attendance at ORU and TU.....

11 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

...great to watch the 30 or so fans reactions who were sitting behind the ORU bench....guessing that a couple  of those guys may have been our ORUSPORTS board members....

We were there behind the bench!!

TheEagleman wanted to correct what I had originally written last night...in the euphoria of the buzzer beating shot by Ruder I mistakenly mentioned that I had won my teaser bet....but alas, the total did NOT reach the required 135.5 so I lost that small bet....I did cut my loss however by betting ORU straight up +1.5 so it was only a drop of a few dollars....not sure I can go with ORU vs. SDSU....always hate to bet against the Good Guys at home so I may just take the night off.....I am still way ahead on the season because of huge profits made back in November and December....so it's been another good year of wagering on ORU.....always remember to bet responsibly and if you have a gambling problem....well,  you shouldn't call me......:devil:.:eagles::devil:

On 2/9/2018 at 4:48 PM, 91jack said:

You might get what you were hoping for.

I don't know for sure that NDSU and ORU will be in the 4-5 game or not.  Denver has the same record as both NDSU and ORU.  

Denver's schedule isn't very tough.  They don't play any of the top 3 teams in the standings from here on out.

The only road game that they have is @ Western Illinois(#8).  Western is in last place right now.  

They also have Omaha(#7), ORU(#4-tie) and NDSU(#4-tie) at home.  Denver has already beat USD and only lost to SDSU by 4 at home.  They seem to play tough there.  I'm not saying that Denver will win out but I can see them winning 3 of their last 4 games.  It might come down to either the NDSU-Denver game or the ORU-Denver game on which one of those 3 teams falls into the #6 spot and plays IPFW in the first round.

As far as the ORU-SDSU game, I hope SDSU's coach figured how to attack the zone at the free throw line and in the corners or it could be a long game for SDSU.

Yeah I must have been high when I wrote that. Of course ORU wasn't going to be in that 4-5 game and that win vs NDSU was probably ORU's last one this season.

I guess my dream of "avoiding SDSU and NDSU early at the tournament" goes back to Sutton's last several years when ORU teams would struggle against a lower seed NDSU team or lose outright to SDSU in front of a packed house.

Of course, there was the year they managed to avoid both and found a way to lose to WIU.

This year's team is capable of losing to anyone anywhere so it doesn't matter.