NDSU at ORU

theeagleman5

Tyson Ward for 3  to put ndsu up 2

but horrible play by NDSU on that long pass.. let the guy catch it and get a turnaround 30 footer   cmon man 

9 minutes ago, lakesbison said:

Tyson Ward for 3  to put ndsu up 2

but horrible play by NDSU on that long pass.. let the guy catch it and get a turnaround 30 footer   cmon man 

Aaaand it cost us..  FML   puke

Thanks Lakesbison and you are probably right on your prediction.  Good luck to the Bison the rest of the season.

• Like 1

Go have another Natty Light, LakesBison.....you need it!!!...:drunk:......at least Carson Wentz gets a Super Bowl Ring!!!....Did TheEagleman say a few days ago...Less Austin Ruder????....uh....nevermind!....a 3 point shot at the buzzer?!?!?!.....holy $#%&*!!!.....that's a huge win for ORU and TheEagleman....PTL for OT.....133 total points and ORU wins outright!!!.....67-66.....we will take it!!!...despite the sloppy play (17 turnovers) ORU finds a way....18 for Ruder, 10 for E-Man and 9 for Fuqua....we outrebound NDSU by 10 ....should be really good for the confidence....GO BLUE!!!!....:eagles:.:oru-logo::eagles:

• Thanks 1

Excuse me....Good Luck to the Bison the rest of the year????....Bleep 'em.....can't stand NDSU and SDSU.... (except for Carson Wentz!!!)....:devil:

REALLY UGLY GAME, with a BEAUTIFUL buzzer-beater to end it.  Neither team deserved to win this one, but hopefully this will kick-start the Eagles for the remainder of the season.

Yowsers!!!....that's a prayer by Ruder.....and a quick answer from the Lord.....ORU needed that bigtime!....:eagles:

Loved the video of the winning basket by Ruder....kind of reminded me of the shot that Oakland hit to beat us in the Summit Finals back in 2005....great to watch the 30 or so fans reactions who were sitting behind the ORU bench....guessing that a couple  of those guys may have been our ORUSPORTS board members.....the ORU players on the bench didn't really appear to go that crazy like Kearns and Albert on the court.....but anyway, that's a huge win for ORU and perhaps will give the Good Guys some confidence heading into very tough games over SDSU and SD at Mabee Center.....not sure if we can beat either team but miracles do happen....GO BLUE!!!:eagles:

13 hours ago, TrueBlue82 said:

REALLY UGLY GAME, with a BEAUTIFUL buzzer-beater to end it.  Neither team deserved to win this one, but hopefully this will kick-start the Eagles for the remainder of the season.

Ya know, I was staying quiet because I didn't want to to go all Debbie Downer after such a great moment, but since JB (who's cup is ALWAYS half-full) mentioned it, I gotta agree: not exactly a game for the ages, but definitely a SHOT for the ages.

This performance by ORU is summed up by watching the final play unfold:  White is completely locked-in on Ruder the entire time he's trying to inbound the ball, forces it to Ruder in the corner going away from the basket with a man draped on him, while Kearns is standing UNGUARDED just 10 feet away at the top of the circle for an uncontested shot.

In the end, it worked out:  Ruder makes an incredible shot, and all's well that ends well, I guess.

But it was frankly an ugly play, in an ugly game (no scoring from EITHER team the first 4 minutes of overtime??).  Ruder saves the day with two threes and a defensive tie-up that produces a Bi-zawn turnover, all in the final minute of OT.  Hats off to him (and burn the tape of the other 44 minutes of play).

• Like 1

Even the shot wasn't a thing of beauty but it looks good in the win column.

Not to sound pro-tanking, but I was kinda hoping to fall out of that 4-5 game (assuming NDSU would be in one of those spots) and have both SDSU/NDSU on the opposite site of the bracket from us for the first time. 

Ruder's shot was #4 on SC Top 10 this morning.........the anchor gave Adam some grief over the high pitched call:D

....but ORU got some shine....the shot played a couple times from different angles before moving on to #3.