ORU at W. Illinois

theeagleman5

ORU an early 4 point favorite....not sure we should be favored against anyone on the road but WIU is 1-7 in the Summit and got smoked by SD last night at home...this is a game we should win....but as OT pointed out...we need better guard play and gotta get the ball into our bigs....need E-man and Javan engaged early otherwise this could be another terrible loss.....failure to get a victory here could lead to a total free fall to the bottom....TheEagleman thinks this team is better than that and the Good Guys have some heart left....might not be pretty but ORU finds a way and defeats woeful WIU 83-77....Go Blue!!...:eagles:

I’ve seen a line that is already down to ORU -2.5...this might be a pick em’ By game time tomorrow....

Digging ourselves a hole early.. down 24-12 with 8 minutes left in the first half. 

38-19???...We Stink!!....:blink::n::unsure:

maybe the most embarrassing half of Mid-Con/Summit League I've seen ORU play.......doubled up by WIU

WIU guards >>>>>>>>> ORU guards

this team is not getting better.........

DVI3ohTVQAEdHB8.jpg

Did we just give up on the season and decide to play anyone on the bench in any combo as often as possible?  What are the coaches looking for?

Disappointing effort on both ends of the floor.

Not much to look forward to.

Bleh. Javan just missed a WIDE open dunk which is my signal to stop watching. 

We are spiraling right now. Hopefully Mills can right the ship this next week.

Denver at ORU: On the upside, this has to be rock bottom.

ORU at WIU: hold my beer

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ORU82 said:

What happened to the team that went 3-0 in league play?  This is pathetic.

New coaching staff, new zone defense, new players --- it took the league 3 and 1/2 games to properly scout a revamped ORU squad.

Waiting on Mills to adjust accordingly. 

---------------------------------------

Not sure i've seen that before......"we'll dribble out a shot clock violation, take the intentional turnover, so we don't embarrass you any further"

credit to WIU, they thoroughly dominated ORU

BOOOOOOOOO!!!!...|(

28 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

Denver at ORU: On the upside, this has to be rock bottom.

ORU at WIU: hold my beer

You made me laugh out loud - good one. :rofl:

Probably will not be able to run the zone successfully until next year when Coach Mills will have the type of players needed to make it work.  

Move back to man to man while occasionally throwing in your zone for a few possessions to throw off the other team.  Try to salvage a few more Summit League wins so you can get a decent seed in the Summit League Tourney and hope for at least a 1st round win.  Then hope that things will seriously improve next year.

• Like 1