ORU at Fort Wayne

theeagleman5

Let's get back to some D-1 opponents....ORU back on the road this week vs. up and down Fort Wayne....the Mastodons are 14-10 (3-4) have been taking turns with winning and losing over the past couple weeks....lost a tough one at first place SDSU the other night by 2 points but also got beat by bottom dweller WIU....still, they won vs. NDSU last week so TheEagleman has no idea what to expect in this Thursday night contest.....ORU whipped Fort Wayne at Mabee Center four weeks ago but that seems like an eternity.....if we can get back to that kind of performance we can surely win this game...but playing as we did vs. NDSU and Denver then it's not going to be a pleasant trip.....I still have some evaluations to make so an Eagleman prediction will not come until Thursday....this is a big game if ORU has any designs on finishing in the top 3 in the Summit League.....:eagles:

TheEagleman really doesn't have a feel for this game at all...It's been almost two weeks since our last Summit League game and I have no idea which ORU team is going to show up tonight in Fort Wayne....we really need a road win to offset that awful home loss to Denver but not sure that it's going to be tonight....I think ORU can keep it close and will battle but I have to side with the home team in this game.....Fort Wayne lives and dies with the 3 and last month at Mabee Center we defended it well and they died....Mastodons will probably be shoot a little better at home.....Fort Wayne 79  ORU 74.....:sweat:

FGCU aside, I've seen little from this team when playing on the road to suggest they can win on the home court of ANY Summit League team.  Specifically, limiting turnovers, not settling for threes, staying out of foul trouble, and hitting free throws.

I suppose there's a first time for everything, but I doubt it's tonight in Fort Wayne:  Dons 82, ORU 72.

Time for this team to get grit and win a league game on the road. I think we looked good against SDSU a few weeks ago. Need to regain that form. Defense wins games on the road. 

5 minutes ago, EagleManiac said:

Anybody know if this one's available to watch anywhere? 

Don’t think so. Pretty sure it’s just on IPFW’s athletic stream.

• Upvote 1

Fort Wayne up 37-31 at half....Jontray has 8 points......we need a win...go Blue!!..:eagles:

Not sure what's happened to Javan the last month....he's disappeared...6 points tonight in the 85-75 loss...but a small win for TheEagleman who had Fort Wayne and the Over....still its another disappointing night for ORU basketball....;(

• 3 point defense
  • Turnovers
  • Free throw differential 

Have to close out on 3-point shooters and value the ball more.

Shooting over 50% on the road and out rebounding the opponent by 8 is usually good enough to win. Defense just wasn’t there.

Listening on the radio, it sounded like the better team won.  They made 3s when they needed, stayed out of foul trouble and attacked when necessary.   ORU had too many fouls an inopportune times.  We are young and play like it. 

South Dakota and South Dakota State both had blowout wins last night.....SD hammered WIU on the road while SDSU smoked NDSU at home....ORU's best chance at a road win will be tomorrow night at WIU....the Leathernecks are in last place in the Summit and they stink....the Good Guys need to bring the A game and break the five game Summit losing streak or this could turn into an ugly February.....:geek:

18 hours ago, Old Titan said:

FGCU aside, I've seen little from this team when playing on the road to suggest they can win on the home court of ANY Summit League team.  Specifically, limiting turnovers, not settling for threes, staying out of foul trouble, and hitting free throws.

I suppose there's a first time for everything, but I doubt it's tonight in Fort Wayne:  Dons 82, ORU 72.

Scary, huh? ;-)

• 17 turnovers

• 40% of ORU's shots were 3's (hitting 33%, compared to Fort Wayne's 50% on the same number of attempts)

• 22 fouls

• Only got to the line 5 times (though they made all five)

That's not how you get Capone...