Nebraska Christian vs. ORU

theeagleman5

The Sentinels come to Tulsa at 14-7 on the season losing at home on Tuesday night to Kansas Christian.....assuming they are NAIA.....expect a high scoring game because NCC has scored over 100 six times this season and given up 100 or more five times....so ORU will light up the scoreboard likely with a triple digit number....fans should see some old Titan "run and gun" basketball tomorrow afternoon at Mabee Center just like in the good old days when these kinds of games were the norm.....in absence of a Vegas line, TheEagleman will set it at ORU -34.5.....I think I would have to take the Good Guys.....should be a lot of shots going up and some season highs for scoring and rebounding for a few of our players...more double doubles.....let's call it something like....ORU 111  Nebraska Christian 70....:eagles:

:geek:.....This NCC team isn't near as talented as East Texas Baptist and we coasted past them by 27....so, unless ORU is totally unmotivated or Coach Mills feels such pity that he only plays the starters for less than 20 minutes then I would expect ORU to win by 35+....but who knows?.... TheEagleman does expect a lot of shots being put up and a lot of points scored....new lights may be needed on the scoreboard come Monday.....:eagles:

ORU rolls as expected, 105-74 but didn't quite cover that 34.5 point spread due to liberal substitutions by Coach Mills.....six Golden Eagles in double figures led by Jontray Harris with 21 and 12 boards....E-man had 16.... Spencer Sutton had 14...Albert 12 and Kelly Manek with 11....real nice bench production again....maybe the two blowouts this week will boost the Good Guys confidence as we head back on the road to Fort Wayne and Western Illinois next week....ORU now 9-15.....:eagles:

On 1/26/2018 at 3:01 PM, Old Titan said:

I will take the Sents and your 34.5 points, plus the under on your +/- 181... 8) #WinnerWinnerChickenDinner

I accept PayPal... ;)

Lol....I owe you a Dos Eqqis.....:oru:

This must be a first....the day after an ORU men's basketball game and not even one comment about it.....I know it was a snoozer of a game but still.....the lack of discussion speaks volumes.....:unsure:

Concerning the Nebraska Christian game, they are from an athletic conference called the NCCAA.  IMHO it is a step below the NAIA and below JUCOs as well.  I think it is the same conference in which Rhema Bible Training Center competes.

It was nice that Manek, Sutton and Ehmedic each received significant playing time.  Coach Mills had no interest in blowing out the Sentinels.  They were probably kind to schedule the game at the last minute after IUPUI ditched the Summit League.

I have been a strong proponent over the years of playing at least a couple of non-D1 games at home in November and December to offset the many losses that result from playing so many guarantee games on the road.

But that being said, I see very little point in playing programs that do not even feature scholarship athletes.

Here's hoping this "Weak Sisters Week" in late January was merely an exception due to IUPUI bolting the league, and not a new scheduling philosophy drawn from the Baylor/Drew-Family playbook.