E. Texas Baptist vs. ORU

theeagleman5

East Texas Baptist comes in to Mabee Center at 14-3 and 10-1 on the road....they've won 3 in a row......we are their only D-1 opponent....can they come to Tulsa and win???....they sure could...especially after watching us lose to Southern Nazarene and our past four losses in a row.....the Golden Eagles had better be prepared because the Tigers will come to play....they shoot a lot of 3s and score a lot of points.....ETBU is a small squad so hopefully we can just pound them inside....let's hope ORU is motivated to give a solid effort or we could see another embarrassment.......TheEagleman is counting on us at least showing up and playing hard.....we sure could use a win.....ORU 94  ETBU 83.........:sweat::eagles::tmi:

I am not expecting much tomorrow night.  We are for all purposes an average D2 team.  I wouldn’t be surprised if we drop the game much like the SNU game.  I was at that game and the better team won that night.

I watch tons of college games.  I have seen OBU, SNU OC, Southeastern, East Central, UCO and Southwestern play this year in person.  We beat Rogers State by 6 points in our first exhibition game.  There is not much difference between a lower DI school and a DII basketball team except attendance is probably better at most of those schools.  I will admit the HOF crowd was one of the better crowds of the year.  How many DII's have you seen this year?   

2 hours ago, ORU2017grad said:

I watch tons of college games.  I have seen OBU, SNU OC, Southeastern, East Central, UCO and Southwestern play this year in person.  We beat Rogers State by 6 points in our first exhibition game.  There is not much difference between a lower DI school and a DII basketball team except attendance is probably better at most of those schools.  I will admit the HOF crowd was one of the better crowds of the year.  How many DII's have you seen this year?   

First, the Rogers State exhibition was a last minute scrimmage that was put together and had no stats counted. That was also the first game that was played under Paul's new system (which the team is just now starting to figure out).

Look, we know ORU basketball is not where it once was, but Paul is making strides to change that and anyone who watches the games can see that. This team went through one of the toughest non-conference schedules in the country and plays in one toughest mid-major conferences in the country. Not including the fact that ORU budget for recruiting, travel, etc, is one of the smallest in the country, especially when you play schools with major FCS football programs. If you watched the games, you would know this team is a couple plays away from a 12-10 record. Scheduling the small teams of ETBU and Nebraska Christian isn't to fluff stats, that is on IUPUI screwing the Summit League. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ORU should win these next two games by double digits....I think we learned from the SNU loss that this Golden Eagle team isn't good enough to just show up....that said, we should be coasting/clearing the bench in the last 5 minutes of both these contests vs. ETBU and Nebraska Christian....if we lose either game.....well.....YIKES!!!.....:blink:

ETBU shot ORU out of the zone already.  This is embarrassing.  One would think a bit of pride would kick in at some point on the defensive end.

• Like 1

ORU salvages the last few minutes of the half and finishes up 5.  

Albert needs a touch every trip down the court.  ORU is not going to win a 3 pt shooting contest with these guys.

• Like 1

Once again, the other team's 3-point shooting is killing us. Not to mention their defense.

ORU wearing them down and pulling away.

How about the alley-oop from Fuqua to White on the break?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ORUIllini said:

Up 5 at halftime....definitely not a blowout...

Well whatdoya know...a blowout!

Took long enough for ORU to take control....glad to see that Albert can dominate a small D-2 team....but I guess we will take the win....its been too long...and the bench players got to see some action...:eagles:

Albert, E-Man and Jontray Harris all with double doubles....when is the last time that happened at ORU?....3 players in one game...TheEagleman is guessing never.....Golden Eagles outrebound ETBU 60-36....:muscle:.....:eagles::oru-logo: