Denver at ORU (HOF night)

ORUalum

TULSA, Okla. – Christy Carter (women's golf), David Castillo (baseball), Calvin Garrett (men's basketball) and Patricia Menezes (volleyball) will be inducted into the ORU Athletics Hall of Fame, Saturday and will be honored at halftime of the men's basketball game Saturday evening.

The 2018 hall of fame class includes two All-Americans, five conference Player of the Year awards and two draft picks, among other impressive accolades

David Castillo / Baseball / 2001-03

• - Two time NCBWA 2nd team All-American (2002, 2003)
  • - Two time Collegiate Baseball 3rd Team All-American (2002, 2003)
  • - Collegiate Baseball Honorable Mention Freshman All-American (2001)
  • - Conference Player of the Year (2002, 2003)
  • - Drafted in the 7th Round of the 2003 MLB Draft by Oakland

Calvin Garrett / Men's Basketball / 1978-80

• - Honorable Mention All-American (Converse) – 1979-80
  • - NABC All-District second team selection in 1979 and 1980
  • - Had 12 career 20/10 games
  • - Drafted in the third round of the 1979 NBA Draft by Chicago and again in the third round of the 1980 draft by the Houston Rockets
  • - Fourth fastest in school history to 1,000 career points (48 games), finishing with 1,190 career points in two seasons, averaging 21.6 points per game for his career.

---------------------------------------------------

I really wish Rene Recio and David Castillo would have entered the HOF together.  I know Recio's career was slowed by arm injuries, but he is ORU hall of famer in my book.  He actually became a 2 way player after the arm issues.

Denver has lost 7 of their last 9 games.....they stink....not sure how they managed to win at NDSU last weekend but besides that victory their only win  in the past six weeks was over Mesa College.....this should be a victory for the Good Guys.....we really need to snap the 3 game losing streak.....ORU takes control early and rolls to an 88-74 win.....take the Golden Eagles and the Over.....and I don't even have any lines yet....:eagles:

Why are we away for our midweek game and home for our Saturday game..? Maybe I just don't pay attention to those things, but I don't remember ever seeing that? Seems pretty inconvenient.

Gotta love ORU tomorrow.... TheEagleman has theatre tickets then dinner at the Capital Grille so will not be watching....but think I have a winning combo...:eagles:

TheEagleman is going strong tonight teasing ORU -7.5 with the Over 141.5......I get 6 points cushion on both so I really like the Good Guys and might just bet ORU straight up as well since I believe this will be a double digit victory over a tired Denver team that's not been very good in 2018 except for a surprise win at NDSU last weekend.....looking for big games from E-Man and Javan....ORU should be VERY motivated to end the 3 game losing streak.....GO BLUE!....:eagles:

Congrats to Calvin Garrett for being inducted into the ORU HOF tonight....TheEagleman never saw Garrett play in person since I graduated a couple years prior to his playing for ORU.... those were near  the end of the "glory days" of Titan basketball and I wonder what Calvin will think as he takes the Mabee Center floor tonight in front of maybe 1500-2000 fans tops....he used to play in front of 3 or 4 times that many back in the late 70s and early 80s.....;(

i know I'm in the minority, but not a big fan or the gray uniforms.....especially when they still have the old ORU logo....again, just a terrible job of transitioning to the new logo...where are these supposed "retro" uni's....Hall of Fame night would of been a great time to bust them out..

anyway, sorry to rant....let's go ORU, bounce back from the road trip and get a win! 

U - G - L - Y

• ORU starters score 9 pts that half
  • Denver shoots 58%
  • Mills forced to abandon the zone late in the half

Only silver lining is that Denver could not bury ORU despite being given plenty of opportunities

under 8 media timeout ---- Denver is now shooting 62% for the game ---- unbelievable

Denver has an RPI of 279.....lost a double overtime game two days ago....1-4 in conference

No reason this should be a loss....