Denver at ORU (HOF night)

ORUalum

Well that was embarrassing....ORU has gone downhill the past two weeks....:envy:

an absolutely horrible loss for ORU......wow

once again, superior passing slices up Mills' zone for wide open looks......one thing about this league,  it's not overflowing with superior athletes, but there are plenty of players that can knock down shots in rhythm

time for new wrinkles on D..........the league has figured out that funky zone

34 minutes ago, ORUIllini said:

Denver has an RPI of 279.....lost a double overtime game two days ago....1-4 in conference

No reason this should be a loss....

ORU just isn't a very good team right now.

Yikes...after listening to Mills on the radio post game, East Texas Baptist could be another Southern Nazarene 

Really disappointed in tonight's loss...I really thought ORU would beat Denver and then pick up two more wins before heading back into Summit League play with some confidence...and maybe even be a factor with home games against the Dakotas...

now I'm hoping to maybe just be a factor in the tournament and get an upset or two...

.....and another thing; the one time you actually put some folks through the turnstile, you lay that egg.  (still really sad that that is now considered a "big" crowd ---- which looked nowhere near the 5k that was announced on the telecast)

how many marginal/casual fans exited Mabee saying "looked like the same old ORU team"

We did play man most of the second half.  The announcers certainly didn't point that out but its true.  It was mostly effective outside of Amigo abusing us on the post.  Unfortunately, tonight after a terrible start that was enough to hold us off.

I hope these last four games prompts Mills to work the man defense a lot more.  It's not fun watching teams shoot 60% for a half repeatedly.  I know we have to go smaller in order to play that way but I think it could help the offense too.  Right now our guards are relegated to being spot up shooters and post feeders.  Considering RJ and Sam are both smaller, quicker guards you'd think we'd want them blowing by their man more.  They can't today because the paint is clogged with 2 or 3 post players at a time.  The reality is even the best shooters have off nights and they need to have a plan B.  I see a lot of plan A or bust going on out there and tonight was a perfect microcosm. 

Painful to watch.  Denver had great ball movement and shot the ball extremely well.  We looked flat, out of rhythm, and needing a breather.  Now we know how Denver beat NDSU in Fargo.  Disappointing loss, but not the end of the world.  We need to regroup and peak in early March.

Under 10.5 wins is starting to look better and better.....not sure ORU can make it to 11 after this kind of performance against a Summit bottom dweller at home.....a very sad effort from our starting five on HOF night.....;(

33 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Under 10.5 wins is starting to look better and better.....not sure ORU can make it to 11 after this kind of performance against a Summit bottom dweller at home.....a very sad effort from our starting five on HOF night.....;(

I totally understand the frustration, but would absolutely take the over...