ORU at South Dakota

ORUTerry

Pretty hard for your front court to do any damage when Javan has to bring the ball up the court cause only one of our guards (Kearns) has proven he can handle pressure.. and officiating was absolutely atrocious tonight 

Scott Sutton spent like 17-18 seasons on the ORU bench and got what....maybe 3 technical fouls the entire time???... and at least 2 of them were given by John Yorkovich....truly one of the worst basketball officials that I have ever watched ref a game.....he isn't qualified to work Saturday morning Youth Leagues....Coach Sutton has to be one of the calmest most reasonable men on the bench of all time...his decorum is impeccable....but for some reason Yorkovich enjoyed T-ing him up.....so what are the odds that ORU gets a new coach, another fairly calm Christian man Paul Mills and in the first game that Yorkovich refs for ORU this season he hands out a T to Coach Mills?....seriously?....TheEagleman did not see the game last night so I am not able to comment on the job done by Yorkovich but sounds like he was terrible as usual.....I am interested in any comments from those who watched....this guy is a trainwreck and I have no idea how he continues to get work....hard to believe that any coaches like him unless it's the Dakota schools because he is clearly one sided in their direction....does he have some kind of bias against ORU or does he make a habit of handing out technical fouls to all the visiting coaches?....here's hoping we don't see this clown again for awhile.....:puke:

27 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Scott Sutton spent like 17-18 seasons on the ORU bench and got what....maybe 3 technical fouls the entire time???... and at least 2 of them were given by John Yorkovich....truly one of the worst basketball officials that I have ever watched ref a game.....he isn't qualified to work Saturday morning Youth Leagues....Coach Sutton has to be one of the calmest most reasonable men on the bench of all time...his decorum is impeccable....but for some reason Yorkovich enjoyed T-ing him up.....so what are the odds that ORU gets a new coach, another fairly calm Christian man Paul Mills and in the first game that Yorkovich refs for ORU this season he hands out a T to Coach Mills?....seriously?....TheEagleman did not see the game last night so I am not able to comment on the job done by Yorkovich but sounds like he was terrible as usual.....I am interested in any comments from those who watched....this guy is a trainwreck and I have no idea how he continues to get work....hard to believe that any coaches like him unless it's the Dakota schools because he is clearly one sided in their direction....does he have some kind of bias against ORU or does he make a habit of handing out technical fouls to all the visiting coaches?....here's hoping we don't see this clown again for awhile.....:puke:

Yorkovich is one of the worst officials in the NCAA. He allowed the South Dakota players to get in the faces of ORU players numerous times without so much as word. They received one warning in the first half and it was really a double warning. The technical on RJ was given after a USD player bumped into him and the SD player started chirping while RJ was talking to a teammate. When the tech was given Yorkovich told Mills that Fuqua was the one who started the whole thing which was absolute nonsense. 

That's incredible....here's hoping that ORU will file some type of complaint with the Summit League and this will get reviewed....the whole situation sounds deplorable and unless the Summit League is a total joke, this needs to be handled and Yorkovich sent down to ref 8 year old girls' leagues where he belongs.....TheEagleman is a former baseball umpire and I still ref some kids football and those who are familiar with me know that I usually stand up for officials in any sport because it's a tough and usually thankless job.....but this clown Yorkovich is a disgrace to the profession and clearly has an agenda...no place for that in sports.....I hope that something is done here and ORU doesn't have to deal with the guy any more.....:doh::blink::puke:

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

GREATEST. POST. EVER.

(At least, the most accurate).

John Yorkovich is a clear and present danger to every decent man, woman and child in America, and most be stopped at all costs.

officiating, while poor, was not the determinative factor........ORU was outcoached and outplayed.

USD was the better TEAM on the court last night.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

officiating, while poor, was not the determinative factor........ORU was outcoached and outplayed.

USD was the better TEAM on the court last night.

I think the one-sided officiating (see TrueBlue82's breakdown above) allowed USD to play a certain style of basketball that dictated the results. 

If the game had been called evenly, ORU was good enough to win last night:  the Golden Eagles shot 50% from the field and on 3's, and battled the Yotes evenly on the boards, but only got to the line 8 times (7 of those after the game was out of reach), while USD was making a home there (25 times, including two technical fouls).

Mark it down:  ORU wins the rematch at the Mabee Center*; perhaps handily (ala Fort Wayne).

*Unless John Yorkovich is one of the referees

Yorkovich T'd up RJ Fuqua??....are you kidding me?.....that's a total joke.....I hope Mike Carter has made a few calls to the league office today.....did Coach Mills address this in the post game presser or did he just use discretion and keep his mouth shut?....TheEagleman didn't even see the game and I am fuming....LOL......YORKOVICH MUST GO!!!!......:@:envy::@

Did ORU lose a bet with the conference schedule this year? A single midweek game in Vermillion right after the XDSU's roadtrip, the game in Tulsa couldn't have been switched? Brutal.

Yorkovich gonna Yorkovich. Remember ORU's last Summit League tournament game? ORU led SDSU almost the whole way until Yorkovich willed the Rabbits to victory. Truly an inspirational performance by him.

I can't say if the officiating cost this game but it is disappointing not to get one of these after the effort at SDSU last week. 

YORKOVICH = SCUMBAG....:blink:

Hey all,

I am new to the Forum and this is my first post.  As an FYI, I live in Virginia and follow the Golden Eagles WBB team long distance. I make 1-2 trips to Tulsa a season and was there Jan. 11 when ORU dominated NDSU.

I saw the 2nd half of the S. Dakota game last night via the video simulcast (first half technical glitches).  Looked to me we had them reeling late in the 3rd quarter when we built that 11 point lead.  Sadly, we were unable to respond to their aggressive zone trapping and let the game slip away.

Still, very proud of this team and their fight.  ORU is competing well against the 'Big Dogs' and we are very close to beating them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, ORUlongdistancefan said:

Hey all,

I am new to the Forum and this is my first post.  As an FYI, I live in Virginia and follow the Golden Eagles WBB team long distance. I make 1-2 trips to Tulsa a season and was there Jan. 11 when ORU dominated NDSU.

I saw the 2nd half of the S. Dakota game last night via the video simulcast (first half technical glitches).  Looked to me we had them reeling late in the 3rd quarter when we built that 11 point lead.  Sadly, we were unable to respond to their aggressive zone trapping and let the game slip away.

Still, very proud of this team and their fight.  ORU is competing well against the 'Big Dogs' and we are very close to beating them.

welcome aboard......don't be a stranger.

I did not watch the game, but saw Misti Cussen's postgame on twitter.  She was not happy with her veterans and called them out by name ---- first time I can remember her doing that.  You could tell she felt that they let that one get away.

Good to see Keni Jo Lippe finally have a break out game.  After breaking some of Kevi Luper's HS records at Adair, I sure thought she was going to have more of an impact on the offensive end.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

good to see all the new posters the last few weeks............now we need some of our great long time posters to return --- SoloGold, oruvoice, tmh, etc.

check out that 3rd ranked item when you google "yorkovich"........haha.   we've been hating on this guy for almost 10 years:-D:-D:-D

i don't know if the google machine does this to everyone, but i thought this was funny (maybe google tracks that i visit this site). 

5a610dae06914_Screenshot-2018-1-18yorkovich-GoogleSearch.png.5c60bb2ba619659bcffd5ea6794779e2.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ORUalum said:

check out that 3rd ranked item when you google "yorkovich"........haha.   we've been hating on this guy for almost 10 years:-D:-D:-D

i don't know if the google machine does this to everyone, but i thought this was funny (maybe google tracks that i visit this site).

I noticed this earlier... I guess he's had it in for us for a while :smiling-open-mouth-smiling-eyes:.

I completely forgot about that IPFW game! Lol, I didn't know that was a Yorkovich job too! Wow

How far in advance are refs assigned to games? Is there a way to check and see if/ when we might get this jag again?