ORU at South Dakota St.

ORUTerry

Don't expect the 4 guard lineups we ran the last several years 91Jack.  You might say our new motto as OT put it is "Go Big or Go Home".  That being said, I think we have improved from the "dumpster fire" we were the last several years, but we still have a long way to go.  On paper, all three Dakota schools are better than us but we have made steady improvements.  In the end logic dictates that the Jacks will take care of business in Brooking tonight.  Hopefully we can keep it close for a while.  Go Golden Eagles!I

34 minutes ago, 91jack said:

The other guard is Jenkins Jr.  He is a 6'2"-190 true freshman.  He is big for a true freshman but he normally isn't really physical.

I watched Jenkins Jr. single-handedly take over in the SDSU overtime win at Ole Miss.  He reminded me of former ORU great Obi Emegano.  He's more physical than his weight might suggest; quite a prospect.

21 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

I watched Jenkins Jr. single-handedly take over in the SDSU overtime win at Ole Miss.  He reminded me of former ORU great Obi Emegano.  He's more physical than his weight might suggest; quite a prospect.

I look at Jenkins Jr. more as a really aggressive offensive player.  He will drive to the basket but he doesn't play as physical on defense (most of the time).  He has shot about 2/3 of his shots from 3-point land but he has shot a lot more from 2-point land the last 10 games or so.  I think the Old Miss game might be the first game where he shot about half of his shots from inside the arc.  I don't know if Jenkins will be real physical on defense.  He will force the issue on offense though.

He is really built for being a freshman.  I didn't really realize he was one when I first saw him.  I guess I would say that his game is already evolving and he looks like he could be an all conference player in the Summit League soon.

This should be the most difficult Summit League game of the season so the previous predictions in this thread sound about right to me.

If I was Mills I would go at Daum from tipoff. Daum is going to get his 25-30 but make him play on the defensive end as well.

Good point Dr. C, keep pounding Daum with our "Bigs" all night long.  Rotate the guys at him and bring Emir off the bench as well to get physical with him.  With the ability to work on him with at least 5 guys over 6'8" all night he might get worn down.  You are also right that on offense he will still get his 25 or so points if he gets hot. In the end, maybe we can wear him down a little.  Make him really play defense and let our big guys bang into him all night long.  It should be an interesting game.

Between Miller, Owens and Emir....we have 15 fouls to take on Daum.....let's get physical!....:y:

42 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Between Miller, Owens and Emir....we have 15 fouls to take on Daum.....let's get physical!....:y:

Just remember that Daum shoot 83% FT's so if you foul him that much he might get more than his 25 points or so.  He will probably get 10-15 or so from the free throw line.  

This all depends on if he gets in foul trouble from banging back, wore down or something else happens.

Tough for Daum to shoot FTs with a broken arm.....Emir is one of those really nasty Eastern Euro basketball players.....could be a blood bath.....;-)

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

Tough for Daum to shoot FTs with a broken arm.....Emir is one of those really nasty Eastern Euro basketball players.....could be a blood bath.....;-)

"Really??" :fubar:  #ThisIsWhyGoodPeopleHateUs

16 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

"Really??" :fubar:  #ThisIsWhyGoodPeopleHateUs

I did take it with a grain of salt but it did make me wonder if SDSU would go from #1 or #2 in the conference to #6 or so right away.

I got 80-64 SDSU.

They've had 5 days to put in a game plan against Mills' funky zone......Daum finds the holes in the zone and scores 35+.

Wonder if Ruder made the trip? Have not seen him in any pictures. Would be nice to have him play some minutes and provide some outside shooting. 

I think SDSU wins by 15 or so. Hard to win on the road in conference games. Especially against a talented, experienced team. Hopefully we learn and improve - and get an idea of what needs to happen when SDSU visits Tulsa. 

Well based on the recent history of predictions on this board.. obviously the Eagles will win tonight.

This team has performed well on the road against Mid-Majors.  I see that continuing tonight.  Yeah it's tough to win but I'd be surprised if this is a double digit blowout.  Daum would have to go off big time along with SDST hitting a good percentage from deep.  It is certainly possible but not likely that both happens IMO.  ORUs guards are smaller but quicker and SDST won't be getting into the paint off the dribble.  The X-factor is the ORU offense.  Can they hit enough outside shots?  Can the offensive rebounding dominance continue? 

This is why I don't bet.

Geez...I used this...;-);-);-).....:|

Anyone know who the new guy is on the bench? I spot someone I don’t recognize and it looks like he is dressed...

11 minutes ago, ORUIllini said:

Anyone know who the new guy is on the bench? I spot someone I don’t recognize and it looks like he is dressed...

Kevin Obanor?