Hey...uh...Mike Carter

brandon_howard

...you did a fantastic job on the logo redesign.

However, as a former Eli (and best of all time according to unconfirmed The Sporting News ORU mascot rankings reports) ditch the chicken suit. Just rip the band aid and ditch it.

"It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday." - Boyz II Men

• Upvote 1

I’ve heard the mascot costume is being designed now. Not sure how long that process takes. 

28 minutes ago, vcboy2000 said:

I’ve heard the mascot costume is being designed now. Not sure how long that process takes. 

Great news! Really glad we are getting a new mascot. Not sure how long we’ve had the current Eli costume, but it’s gotta be pushing 15 years. 

Glad to know someone else is frustrated by how unprepared we were to rollout the new logo.

1) No merch available for excited fans to buy until 2 weeks after the rollout (and it’s still cheap knock-off stuff that nobody wants) Give us some nice, quality gear that we can rep.

2) No new jersies for months after the rollout. Uhhh... what? You’re rolling out a new logo, but still going to wear the old logo?  

3) Who introduces a new logo without introducing a new mascot costume? 

I’m very thankful that we finally got a new logo/mascot, but man was this thing mismanaged. Whoever forced this thing through really jumped the gun.

• Upvote 1

That’s definitely the case. But apparently they refinished the court (which isn’t cheap) just a couple of months before the new logo was unveiled and the court was totally redone. 

Seems to me like someone at the top decided it was time for a new logo and pushed it through without allowing any time for preparation. Should’ve been unveiled next year with everything ready to go.

Botched opportunity to get fans excited! 

I bet Coach Mills had a frank conversation with Carter or Wilson and said the Chicken is hurting recruiting.  We need to get it changed asap.  It's obvious the roll out was rushed, but I'm glad it's done.  It was worth waiting on new gear and new uniforms to finally be rid of Foghorn.

Mills said in one of his interviews that when the parent of a recruit walked in the old locker room they said, "it's like you guys aren't even trying."

Alternate uniforms, locker room, aggressive social media pumping out player highlights and accomplishments ---- all that stuff matters. 

What would really help is cost of attendance payments for the players.  ORU is way behind the curve on that one.

11 hours ago, EagleManiac said:

Great news! Really glad we are getting a new mascot. Not sure how long we’ve had the current Eli costume, but it’s gotta be pushing 15 years. 

Glad to know someone else is frustrated by how unprepared we were to rollout the new logo.

1) No merch available for excited fans to buy until 2 weeks after the rollout (and it’s still cheap knock-off stuff that nobody wants) Give us some nice, quality gear that we can rep.

2) No new jersies for months after the rollout. Uhhh... what? You’re rolling out a new logo, but still going to wear the old logo?  

3) Who introduces a new logo without introducing a new mascot costume? 

I’m very thankful that we finally got a new logo/mascot, but man was this thing mismanaged. Whoever forced this thing through really jumped the gun.

All great points in my opinion, that I agree with.....especially the lack of new merchandise available to fans not in Tulsa.

Believe me, I have purchased numerous items from the University Bookstore online, ONLY Nike items, and still, nothing available from the bookstore with new logo that is Nike.

Yes, I know there are items on the shopORUgear website, but for my personal taste, nothing that I would ever purchase.

If this team keeps playing like it has the last few games and gets on a roll through January and February, maybe into March, please give us some gear!!

• Upvote 1

I agree ORUIllini, for those of us who are not in the Tulsa Metroplex, the State of Oklahoma or anywhere near ORU, our shopping options for ORU gear is basically through the University Bookstore online, whether through the GEC or through the University's website.  So give us more options on gear with the new logo.  I too purchase and wear a lot of ORU gear.