Fort Wayne at ORU

ORUalum

Ft. Wayne getting to the middle of zone pretty easily. Have to cut off passing lanes and rebound better in the 2nd half.

ORU caught fire......

Wow!  The last two games have been encouraging.

Look at Albert with 7 boards already tonight off the bench.

ORU is kicking some A$$ tonight....gotta love it....clearly this team can compete for a top 3 or 4 spot in the Summit....Big games by Kearns, E-Man and Albert (who would have thought)....I guess he was due....64-43 ORU with 10 min left....need some more points to cover that O/U number of 145.5....:eagles:

4 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

These refs :unamused:

the back court on Kearns was one of the worst things I've ever seen..........why his crew did not overrule him is beyond me

• Like 1

Great win! The best part of nobody being at the game is being able to hear everything Coach Mills is saying on the broadcast.....I hate to admit it, but I found myself listening more to Mills than Adam's radio call....

Hey....Hey.....Hey.....pistol double!    Love it!

• Upvote 3

Brutal refs, but a 16 point win is exceptional.  These guys are making a big statement early in the conference season.

Well that escalated quickly. ORU takes a 5 pt halftime lead and...expands it with a 22-5 run? Who are these guys

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ORUIllini said:

Great win! The best part of nobody being at the game is being able to hear everything Coach Mills is saying on the broadcast.....I hate to admit it, but I found myself listening more to Mills than Adam's radio call....

Hey....Hey.....Hey.....pistol double!    Love it!

Ha! I was thinking the same thing. Very strange to be able to hear a home team's bench cheer when ORU made a play.

26 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

the back court on Kearns was one of the worst things I've ever seen..........why his crew did not overrule him is beyond me

Lol that play in particular was unbelievable. Just a total lack of awareness. By THREE refs. Really the whole second has was VERY poorly officiated. 

Heck of a game! We outplayed them start to finish. A 3-0 start to the season would be huge. Big opportunity this weekend. 

7 hours ago, ORUJason said:

It is possible that the increase in Chris Miller’s usage is because he may have more foot speed to be able to run the zone defense the way Coach Mills wants it to be run.

Miller has a bigger heart - that makes his feet move faster. ;-)

30 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Brutal refs...

I recognized the black ref from previous games, but the other two were unfamiliar, and seemed completely clueless.

2 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Miller has a bigger heart - that makes his feet move faster. ;-)

I thought Albert had his best game of the year.  I'll take that stat line every game.

16 pts, 8 reb, 4 blk --- 6-10 shooting and 4-4 FT

A Sloppy win 76-60 win with 16 turnovers but we played good D and Fort Wayne made only three 3 point shots all night....yeah, officiating was horrible in the 2nd half which really disrupted the flow of the game and helped to keep the teams under the number I needed....but no big loss....TheEagleman prefers the ORU win.......double doubles for E-Man and Javan....Kearns and Albert with very nice games....we held Fort Wayne 24 points under their normal offense numbers and if ORU plays like this for the next two months we will not be a team that anyone wants to face in Sioux Falls....TheEagleman was impressed...it's a great start to the season and need to beat WIU on Saturday because next week we head up to the Dakotas vs SDSU and NDSU where we will see what if what we have seen the past week is a mirage.....But one game at a time....this team has come a long way since the loss vs. So. Nazarene.....congrats to Coach Mills and the guys.....:clap::eagles::clap:

• Upvote 1

This is a decent IPFW team. Top half of the league this year.

When was the last time we blew out anyone? Now we’ve done it two games in a row, with one of them coming against a team that beat Indiana by 20 just a couple weeks ago. Very encouraging.