Nzekwesi Earns Summit Player Of The Week Award

Old Titan

First ORU men's basketball recipient in two years (Obi Emegano on Jan. 4, 2016):

Co-recipient with Mike Daum from SDSU, who had a spectacular week himself.  Could also have recognized ORU's Javan White with similar numbers to Emmanuel, or Bryson Scott of IPFW with a career high 34 points vs. Stetson.

A lot of impressive individual performances in the Summit this week!

• Upvote 1

I can't get over how well Javan is playing.  After 2 injury plagued years I thought he was more Mr Glass from Unbreakable  than dominating Summit League post player........glad I was wrong.....and he's just going to get better.

Speaking of Mike Daum, here is a good article about his family and the big decision he has after this season.  I'm sure the rest of the league is hoping he declares for the draft.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/21738209/south-dakota-state-mike-daum-decision-make-future

He is also getting 'recruited' heavily from various Power 5 schools.... (He will graduate this year and have one more year of eligibility.)

6 hours ago, ORUalum said:

Speaking of Mike Daum, here is a good article about his family and the big decision he has after this season.  I'm sure the rest of the league is hoping he declares for the draft.

Or, goes to play somewhere like Creighton or Iowa (he's from a small town in Nebraska).

Just anywhere other than the Summit League, please. ;-)

TheEagleman has been critical of E-Man this season but the kid has stepped up the last two games with Owens riding the pine....if he plays like this in the Summit....well....ORU has a shot to win a lot of games after the holidays....:eagles:

If I had a vote Javan would have been my player of the week for sure.  But any ORU player getting some live is nice.