ORU vs. Arkansas (12/19)

ORUTerry

ORU travels over to Fayetteville to battle the Hogs Tuesday evening. Arkansas is 8-2 under Mike Anderson - including wins over Oklahoma and #14 Minnesota. They play a fast paced game using pressure defense.

Link to stats:  http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/stats/mbb/2017-18/Ark_Combined.pdf

Link to roster:   http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/sport/m-baskbl/roster/

This will be a contrast of styles for sure.  I was always excited to play a pressing team because you can get some easy buckets.  Unfortunately, we don't have the depth to run with these guys so that could be a dangerous game.

When OSU pressed ORU earlier this year, we completely fell apart.  Here is hoping that we have learned from the OSU experience and will be better prepared to handle the pressure.

• Upvote 1

Horrible match-up in terms of personnel and styles.

Three goals vs. Arkansas and Minnesota: 

• Try to maintain composure, no matter what.

• Stay healthy.

• Bank the checks.

• Upvote 1

Sounds like two great games to take the home teams and lay the points.....with our short bench and 3 games in 5 nights....well, it doesn't bode well for the Good Guys....:|

11 hours ago, ORUJason said:

When OSU pressed ORU earlier this year, we completely fell apart.  Here is hoping that we have learned from the OSU experience and will be better prepared to handle the pressure.

Well any team is going to be different in game 2 vs game 15.  But I see your point.

That’s not good. But if he needs to heal, keep him out. Sam is needed for conference play. 

35 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

That’s not good. But if he needs to heal, keep him out. Sam is needed for conference play. 

Agreed. If there's any question about his ability to play, there's absolutely no need for him to be playing tonight. In my mind, this team is really overachieving and could make a run in conference play. A loss is a loss is a loss. Take the L and the $$$ and go home.

Sounds like we will be yet another player short tonight in Fayetteville....Hogs are a 23 point favorite with a 152.5 O/U.... that's a ton of points but if I tease Arkansas with the under that sounds like a reasonable play...ORU will likely get worn down in the 2nd half with no Ruder or Kearns....Arkansas 86 ORU 65. :tb-white:

Can ORU hold Arkansas under 90 points?

Can ORU score more than 70 points?

If both happen, ORU covers the 24-point spread.

I think they will; but it's going to be ugly early and often, with the final few minutes of the game featuring the end of the Hogs' bench in a slopfest:  Arkansas 89, ORU 70.

The Hogs start their team Christmas break immediately following the game tonight, fingers crossed they are looking past ORU and toward a few days off.

I'd get Kearns off the court to save the ankle, warm up the bus, and destroy the game tape.

This is almost as bad as the women a few years ago at Arkansas when they could barely advance the ball to half court without turning it over.

At the half...........

image.png.29bfac392fdb46b0fe26220280e14958.png

72-43 with 11 min left....Looking good for TheEagleman. I decided to go with a tease of Hogs and over....so I have Arkansas -17.5 and over 146.5....ORU is taking a beating....:mellow:

18 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

72-43 with 11 min left....Looking for TheEagleman. I decided to go with a tease of Hogs and over....so I have Arkansas -17.5 and over 146.5....ORU is taking a beating....:mellow:

at least something good came from this beat down.....

Favorite line from the radio broadcast.....(down 32 mind you)

"the bummer of this is that ORU really did some good things......"

um.................no. 

Unfortunately....Thurs nite at Minnesota could be even worse....Christmas can't come too quickly.....:blink: