Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ORUTerry

ORU at FGCU

Recommended Posts

ORUTerry

Watching the game (again) on ESPN3. I like the toughness our guys show. Very impressive. FGCU had only been out rebounded in one game this year and we doubled them up 40 to 20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ORUIllini
1 hour ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Pretty sure that last night against FGCU was the first time.

Love the new uniforms! Can’t wait to see the home whites as well as hopefully a Vegas gold version, which I know the Eagleman will dig!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ORUTerry

Observations:

* I like how Kearns always dribbles with his head up. He is court aware and seemingly unflappable. Very nice for a non-point guard. Fuqua is surprisingly good for a freshman who saw very little preseason practice. Harris is not forcing things on offense and playing good defense. 

* EMan is playing within himself. I like it when he drives to the basket.   He was very active. White is a beast on the boards. Very active. Our big guys are doing a good job of finding their teammates. 

* I like how we reacted when the got within four points at the 13 minute mark of the second half. And then when they got within six points with 7-1/2 minutes to go  

* The pick & roll was open (again) most of the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Old Titan
3 hours ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

ORU jumped 54 spots to #190 on RealTimeRPI.

 

Yes, and ORU sends another victim tumbling down the RPI ranks:  FGCU dropped a whopping 75 POINTS (104 to 179) with the loss, one of the worst single-game RPI drops for any team this season:

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_drop_Men.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EagleManiac
3 hours ago, ORUIllini said:

Love the new uniforms! Can’t wait to see the home whites as well as hopefully a Vegas gold version, which I know the Eagleman will dig!

I was a little underwhelmed personally. All they did was change the block lettering to the new font. I was hoping to see a bigger change than that. The current uniforms are fine, but it’s fun to switch it up. Hopefully the alternates give us an exciting change. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ORUalum
21 minutes ago, EagleManiac said:

I was a little underwhelmed personally. All they did was change the block lettering to the new font. I was hoping to see a bigger change than that. The current uniforms are fine, but it’s fun to switch it up. Hopefully the alternates give us an exciting change. 

Agreed.  Thought we get more than a swap of the arched ORU for the block ORU in new font.  With ORU's crazy architecture why not a try a skyline of the campus w/prayer tower, praying hands, etc?

image.png.cd2c16f7eb1ce6385d449e8c40bd9248.png

 

Still hoping we see a throwback with the flame.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EagleManiac
1 hour ago, ORUalum said:

Agreed.  Thought we get more than a swap of the arched ORU for the block ORU in new font.  With ORU's crazy architecture why not a try a skyline of the campus w/prayer tower, praying hands, etc?

image.png.cd2c16f7eb1ce6385d449e8c40bd9248.png

 

Still hoping we see a throwback with the flame.

That’s actually an incredible idea. Would love to see that. I’d buy some of that merch! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ORUParentLurker
21 hours ago, ORUTerry said:

Observations:

* I like how Kearns always dribbles with his head up. He is court aware and seemingly unflappable. Very nice for a non-point guard. Fuqua is surprisingly good for a freshman who saw very little preseason practice. Harris is not forcing things on offense and playing good defense. 

* EMan is playing within himself. I like it when he drives to the basket.   He was very active. White is a beast on the boards. Very active. Our big guys are doing a good job of finding their teammates. 

* I like how we reacted when the got within four points at the 13 minute mark of the second half. And then when they got within six points with 7-1/2 minutes to go  

* The pick & roll was open (again) most of the game. 

Yeah our "non point guard" currently leads the conference in assists.  Not too shabby.  And Javan is creeping up the stat board as well in rebounding.  It will be interesting to see if we can dominate the boards in conference.  Missouri State and Florida GC seemed a little shell shocked by our size and athleticism up front.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ORUTex

FGCU is currently tied 61-61 at #11 Wichita State with 4 minutes left. On CBS Sports Network for anyone who gets that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
theeagleman5

FGCU gave Wichita St. a good run but the Shockers held on for a 75-65 win at home.....FGCU must have been inspired after getting rolled by ORU last Saturday night.....:geek:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×