Sign in to follow this  
Old Titan

Cat Johnson Inducted into Missouri Sports Hall of Fame

Old Titan

Congratulations to former ORU great Gary "Cat" Johnson, who was inducted into the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame this week:

http://www.joplinglobe.com/sports/local_sports/cat-johnson-j-j-tauai-honored-by-missouri-sports-hall/article_7bf4c2f3-c975-59e8-b3b7-2d2d4660693c.html

Cat is a really good dude, and a legend in his hometown of Joplin.  Always nice to see the former Titans getting their due!  :clap:

• Like 2

ORUTex

Good for him! Cat was one of my favorite Titans. 

• Like 2

jmg1984

Fun to play ball with and a funny guy he owns a car dealership in joplin right?

jmg1984
On 12/14/2017 at 10:10 AM, Old Titan said:

Congratulations to former ORU great Gary "Cat" Johnson, who was inducted into the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame this week:

http://www.joplinglobe.com/sports/local_sports/cat-johnson-j-j-tauai-honored-by-missouri-sports-hall/article_7bf4c2f3-c975-59e8-b3b7-2d2d4660693c.html

Cat is a really good dude, and a legend in his hometown of Joplin.  Always nice to see the former Titans getting their due!  :clap:

jmg1984

A few errors in the article oru lost to okla in the mabee and of course the nets were a nba team by then

ORob1

One of my all time favorite ORU starting fives to watch play: 

78-79 Cat Johnson, Calvin Garrett, Robert Griffin, Antonio Martin & Ricky Baskin.

They won their conference (MCC) but were on probation and couldn't go to the NCAA tourney.  They had the talent but we'll never know if they could've won a first round game or not...

Old Titan
5 hours ago, ORob1 said:

One of my all time favorite ORU starting fives to watch play: 

78-79 Cat Johnson, Calvin Garrett, Robert Griffin, Antonio Martin & Ricky Baskin.

They won their conference (MCC) but were on probation and couldn't go to the NCAA tourney.  They had the talent but we'll never know if they could've won a first round game or not...

66384388.jpg

Cletus

Cat johson was fun to watch play basketball and had personality, too! I rememberour wing Fortress played the athletic dorm in intramural softball. Cat Johnson, Mark Acres, etc. were playing. They were such good athletes. Cat played shortstop and took away a couple of hits and threw out people from deep in the hole. It wasn't even fair!

• Upvote 1