Missouri St. at ORU

theeagleman5

The Bears are an early 9.5 point favorite over ORU....TheEagleman will get his bet in early before that line goes up...can't see these Golden Eagles even wanting to be there...on a Sunday afternoon in Tulsa there will be likely fewer fans showing up than to a Bishop Carlton Pearson sermon....it won't be pretty....MSU is 9-2 and will win #10 tomorrow....Missouri St. 91 ORU 66.....:tmi:

Line now up to 10.5....not sure ORU has ever been that big of a dog at Mabee Center in the past decade or so....:oru-logo:

TheEagleman's large wager on Missouri State must have affected the line because ORU is now +12.5....;-):eagles:;-)

3 hours ago, ORU2017grad said:

Rumblings on campus that Albert will not play today. Not sure why.  Anyone else hear anything?  

I'm being told that he won't start, for whatever reason...

i can't imagine it's disciplinary........guessing a motivational move to raise the "care factor"

39 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

i can't imagine it's disciplinary........guessing a motivational move to raise the "care factor"

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t there a game last year when Scott did the same thing....if my memory is correct, who’s the common denominator?

just my opinion, but for all his talent, there doesn’t seem to a  fire burning within Big Al....

Who needs Mr. Softee?...he's a stiff... ORU only down 38-34 at half....:eagles:

Any chance Big Albert suited up for the ORU ladies at MSU today???....just sayin' since we lost by 10 up at Springfield...;-)

ORU up 68-64 with 4 min left.... TheEagleman will gladly cough up $50 to see our boys get the upset....:eagles:

Nice win Eagles!  This is the best they've looked this year start to finish.  Should have had a nice win vs. Oakland as well, but this one is real nice.  

Still want to know why AO didn't play.

How can we beat 9-2 Missouri State and lose to NAIA SNU?. within 48 hours??..well, four guys in double figures led by E-man with 17 will do it....good team win shows the boys haven't given up....Albert Owens?.....addition by subtraction....:eagles:

4 minutes ago, GoldenEagleFan17 said:

Still want to know why AO didn't play.

All Adam said at the beginning of the game was that he was not injured and will return to the court for the next game on Saturday

Simply put MSU really isn't that good this year. They, like much of the MVC this year, has benefited from pretty easy schedules this season. Besides UNI and Loyola, most of the conference still has a long ways to go. As an Indiana State fan I'll still throw it out there that I'd be perfectly okay with having you guys in the MVC along with Murray State next season.

My school beat the Indiana Hoosiers by 21 and nearly lost to D2 Indianapolis last night. That's just the way it goes I guess.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mvfcfan said:

Simply put MSU really isn't that good this year. They, like much of the MVC this year, has benefited from pretty easy schedules this season. Besides UNI and Loyola, most of the conference still has a long ways to go. As an Indiana State fan I'll still throw it out there that I'd be perfectly okay with having you guys in the MVC along with Murray State next season.

My school beat the Indiana Hoosiers by 21 and nearly lost to D2 Indianapolis last night. That's just the way it goes I guess.

Somebody throwing shade?! Can't we just enjoy one measly win?

• Upvote 1

• Really good team defense
  • Clutch shooting from Kearns to put the game away
  • Guards really took care of the ball (only 7 TOs)

The pick and roll was really working and guards did a great job of making reads. Most college teams can't guard the pick and roll very well...

I don't know if Missouri St. is good or bad but they did sweep SDSU & NDSU on the road; something a lot of decent teams haven't accomplished.

• Upvote 1