So. Nazarene at ORU

theeagleman5

Since there won't be a Vegas line....TheEagleman sets the number on this one at ORU -14.5.....not sure we will cover because the Crimson Storm are having a pretty good season at 7-1....ORU will need to play well to win and hopefully big Albert and E-Man will decide to show up.....but Javan has been very strong of late and Fuqua/Harris are back and healthy....so ORU should win...let's call it  86-70 for the Golden Eagles....it's a Friday night during the Christmas shopping season....will more than 500 be in Mabee Center to watch it???.........:|:eagles::|

I actually don't think Eman has been terrible. He's averaging 10 and 6 so far (he would be our leading rebounder if not for Javan's last couple of monster games) and his averages will go up in conference.

But he can be so passive on the offensive end that at times I forget that he is on the floor.

At least once every game he makes a super athletic move that reminds you how talented he is, but doesn't follow up on it. I would just like to see him be more proactive in getting going. 

And the 3's are weird, but he took a lot last year as well. Got to get him out of that habit

We wanted to attend the game but office Christmas part is tonight, so will have to follow on my phone.  If we don't beat SNU...ugh!

2 hours ago, GoldenEagleFan17 said:

What's the scoop on Ruder's return? I haven't heard anything lately.

Since I banged on Adam for being too much of a sunshine pumper in the UNLV thread, let me praise him here.  He does a great 30 min pregame show that I'm sure this topic will come up tonight.  He usually interviews an assistant coach, the athletic trainer, and Coach Mills.

If I'm able to catch it, I will post any update given.

1 hour ago, ORUalum said:

Since I banged on Adam for being too much of a sunshine pumper in the UNLV thread, let me praise him here.  He does a great 30 min pregame show that I'm sure this topic will come up tonight.  He usually interviews an assistant coach, the athletic trainer, and Coach Mills.

If I'm able to catch it, I will post any update given.

Early on Hax suffered from the same thing. Eventually, he became a real fan, and the frustration of a loss grew to be too much for him to 100% hide. I think he figured out that fans want you to be somewhat transparent and relatable while maintaining a level of positivity. I'm sure Adam will get there in time. 

• Upvote 1

Target for Ruder is 1st conference game.  Manek is out tonight due to illness.

Good point WingMaaaan

Halftime and SNU leads ORU 30-26.  Nothing from Albert or Javan.  To be honest the team looks terrible.  They don’t even appear that interested in trying to score in the post.  Our big men should be dominating, but honestly I question their skill level and desire.  This type of effort is not acceptable.

well........that's got to be one of the worst 20 min of play at home in the history of ORU basketball

ya think Speight is pumped to play this game????  he held an ORU offer at one point

not sure any of the ORU guys wanted to be there for that half......hope they find some motivation during halftime.

All. Time. Low.

Let’s see how they respond. 

• Upvote 1

I don't think even Adam could spin that one.

There was not a D1 team on the Mabee Center court tonight.

Pretty obvious that the team has completely checked out. No effort. Out rebounded and got blocked 8 times by Southern Nazarene.

After that roadtrip I think this team's confidence is shot. Either ORU's scheduling philosophy has to change or rethink playing in Division 1.

The brutal truth is this:  that was no fluke.

SNU had more talented players - who played better - than ORU.

I have no idea how good a team SNU is within their own league, or conference, or whatever they play in, at whatever level.

But, I know this much:  they're a better basketball team than ORU.

Worst loss ever - or, at least since the Cameron fiasco in Scott Sutton's first or second year in the early 2000's.

And here's an additional gut-punch:  that was an EXHIBITION GAME for Southern Nazarene.  It doesn't even count on their record. :doh:

SNU was good, but they were THAT good. We were just THAT bad.  This was my first game in person this year and it was brutal.  We played with energy, we just were bad. Bad shots, turnovers, bad passes, missed shots, missed free throws. The ONLY thing that wasn't horrible was Javan's rebounding. RJ was not a D1 PG tonight.  Nobody could hit a shot.  The zone is bad.  Crowd was bad. Security guard on the escalator was grumpy.  Not impressed with the new PA. Scoreboard did not work and was off the whole second half.   Bad Bad night all the way around.  I agree with OT, worst loss at home in a very long time. 

Worst. Loss. Ever. 

Did not think these guys would not bring effort. This team can’t ‘coast’ against anyone. 

Just now, ORUIsbig said:

...Scoreboard did not work and was off the whole second half...

I view that as a positive.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Nobody’s position should be safe. Mills has a huge rebuilding job. He may have to recruit over several players. 

This is pretty close to what Mills said in the post game addressing the effort or lack there of....

At the end of the day you have to have guys with a 'care factor' off the charts.  We will find guys that have it.