ORU at UNLV

ORUalum

Sounds like ORU ran out of gas in the final 10 minutes.....good effort but another blowout loss which is good for TheEaglemans' bank account....next up Southern Nazarene.....Praise the Lord!....:eagles:

12 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

ORU down 41-28 at half....Eman has really regressed from last season...sit his A$$ down....:tmi:

This feels like a transfer situation waiting to happen.  

He can transfer to Southern Nazarene....;-)....TheEagleman obviously didn't see the game but looking at the box score, E-Man shot 5-9 with 10 points and 7 boards in 34 minutes....an average performance...really expected him to step up this season but he hasn't...any thoughts on what the problem might be?  Mills' new system?....and Albert had another no show sub par performance last night....shot 3-12 with 8 points and 2 rebounds in only 18 minutes and he wasn't in foul trouble....Coach Mills must not have been happy to sit him down like that.....but Javan again a big night with 24 points and 12 boards(10 offensive).....9-17 shooting.....this kid is coming on.....:tb-blue:

Not sure about Eman, for awhile last night he was popping and missing shots from downtown Vegas but towards the end he came back into form and really attacked the bucket well.  As for Mr. Owens, I have no clue.  Coach took him out and he was gone for the rest of the game.  Obviously this gave a lot of PT for guys like Emir and Big Chris, but it was as if Albert did not make the trip at all.  If he could ever get on fire at the same time as Javan and Eman, we would be a serious threat.  And speaking of Javan, this was his third game with a double/double.  Nice job Javan, way to elevate your game.  Keep it up. 

There is no reason Eman should not be averaging about 15 and 8 a night.  His game should be played from about 15 ft and in.  All his shots should be in the paint or 12-15 ft jump shots from the baseline or wing.  Why Mills allows him to shoot multiple 3's a game is beyond me.  Once he's mastered his face up jumper and his play in the blocks then he can work on his range.

As for Owens, it would have been nice if Adam would have asked the coach in the post game.  I don't know if he is afraid to ask a tough question of the coach or worse....he did not notice that Albert sat for almost the entire second half.  How you don't ask why the leading scorer, potential all conference player, and SR leader was benched for the second time this year in a road game is beyond my comprehension.

I'm not giving up, I think there is still hope for 6-8 wins in league play.  I think the league is way down this yr.

Well....SDSU gave #6 Wichita St a real tussle last night...Jacks had the lead until about the last 7 minutes and it was a double digit lead.....;-)

I watched the entire SDSU-Wichita State game.  The Jacks couldn't miss in the first half in rolling to 50 points at the break, but a stingy Wichita State press, coupled with some REALLY questionable officiating, wore them down midway through the second half.  Gregg Marshall of WSU said afterward he thinks that, with the right draw, the Jacks will win a game or two in the NCAA tournament.  SDSU is a very, very good team.

As for Emmanuel, I think some of you are being a bit harsh re: the 3-point shooting.  He only took ONE three last night, and while this game was not televised, I've noticed he typically shoots from the top of the key, which is the highest-percentage trey to attempt (short or long, if it's straight it has a chance to bounce and/or bank in).  And his form on his shots looks pretty good.  He's just not hitting.

Does he shoot too early in the shot clock sometimes? You bet.  But if he could manage to hit one or two from out there in the flow of the offense, it theoretically should open things up inside for Albert and Jevon.

I have no problem with ANYONE shooting a straight-on, open 3 late in the shot clock - it's a low-risk, high-reward shot.  Just make sure you get back on defense in case of a long rebound!

As for Albert?  Who knows.  Maybe he was sick.  Maybe he was hurt.  Maybe he was just a no-show, or said something he shouldn't have to the coach.  I just can't figure the dude out...call him "The Big Puzzle". :?:

I agree, no need to give up on Eman.  I just don't like him shooting from 3. I still think he is the most physically gifted on the team.  If Milton and Weaver are impact players this team could get good fast.

• Milton
  • Kearns
  • Weaver
  • Eman
  • Javan

Off the bench --- Fuqua, Miller, Obanor, The Estonian,

And you would have those 9 players all together for 2 seasons.  No reason they could not finish in the top half of the league next year and compete for the league title when - Eman, Javan, Kearns, and Miller are seniors.

Yes....and the good news is we probably will be favored over Southern Nazarene....unless they have Jesus at PG....;-):eagles:

3 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Yes....and the good news is we probably will be favored over Southern Nazarene....unless they have Jesus at PG....;-):eagles:

The SNU point guard while he is not Jesus is a better than ours.  Micah Speight from PC North is a really good point guard and SNU's best player.  Hopefully we get a win which might be our last win before conference play begins.