ORU at UNLV

ORUalum

ORU opens as a 15.5 pt dog.  UNLV coming off an OT loss to Arizona.  ORU coming off a 2OT win in an ugly game. Javan in a boot on Sunday.  Young team with LV distractions. All signs seem to point to a UNLV cover.

A line that surprises me a bit is the SDSU at Wichita St line.  WSU is a 19.5 pt favorite.  Unless Mike Daum is out with an injury,  I like the Jackrabbits to cover.

1 hour ago, ORUTerry said:

SDSU lost at home by 20 points (53 to 73) to Missouri State on Saturday....

ouch! did not see that.  huge let down after some nice wins.

if their team is healthy, i still think they can keep it under 20

27 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

SDSU lost at home by 20 points (53 to 73) to Missouri State on Saturday....

A win against Missouri St. at home this Sunday sure would look good on the resume.....

UNLV now up to a 16 point favorite which is a steal....TheEagleman can't see ORU coming within 20-25 especially if Javan is out....any word on that??...:sweat:

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ORUParentLurker said:

No video for this game????  Isn't UNLV supposed to be a bigtime program?

I'd bet it's because they are not playing at Thomas & Mack --- playing on the strip, MGM if I remember correctly

Line is up to UNLV -18.5.....O/U is 150.5.....TheEagleman likes UNLV but not sure about that O/U....that's a big number....might like the under....and tease it with UNLV....So I take UNLV -12.5 and Under at 156.5.....maybe a small play.....I really don't see ORU being very competitive in the game....UNLV can push the ball up the floor and we only have 7 or 8 healthy guys....this is probably an 86-61 win for the Runnin' Rebels.....:geek:

This team has shown flashes of being a decent team though. Early in the year, against OSU, the guys hung with the Cowboys longer than any other mid-major OSU has played this year. They just couldn't sustain it. Fast-forward to Kansas State, Oakland, and UALR and you can see the guys sustaining a high level of play for longer stretches. If the progression continues, winning a game like the one tonight isn't all that far-fetched. I think UNLV will win, and it may be a 20 point margin at the end, but that ORU will hang in the game, keeping it close until the last 4 minutes. 

As an aside, here's an interesting stat that tells us nothing: ORU has a better record (1-1) in overtime games than UNLV (0-2). So, if ORU forces overtime, we're sure to win! (Let's just forget about the fact that UNLV is 6-2 and ORU is 2-7). 

18 points?  I wouldn't touch this game with a 10-foot pole, and if I was forced to pick a side, I would take ORU and the points. 

ORU seems to be figuring some things out.  With RJ back, they should be able to control the ball to some degree.  They seem to be improving with every outing.

Plus, this game is being played in a ballroom at the MGM Grand, which amounts to a neutral site of sorts, though the crowd will obviously be 99% Rebels fans.  If they can't get accustomed to the unusual setting, the zone may negate their outside shooting to some degree.

Maybe I'm looking at this through rose-colored glasses, but I don't see UNLV covering the spread.  Something more along the lines of 78-66.

I've expected big losses the last three games and I was wrong on all counts.  In my view, we've really overachieved the last several games so I wouldn't be surprised if we kept this one close.

But the stress of finals and the lights of Vegas provide plenty of distraction opportunities. Maybe we come out and lay an egg and lose by 25+. Who knows. Still don't have a feel for this team. 

Has anyone found video? Or are we stuck listening to this one.

5 minutes ago, EagleManiac said:

Has anyone found video? Or are we stuck listening to this one.

LOL - "forgive them, Adam Hildebrand, for they know not what they do."

15 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

LOL - "forgive them, Adam Hildebrand, for they know not what they do."

hahaha. You know what I mean.

Adam will have a lot of people all over the United States listening to his broadcast tonight.  I use the TuneIn app on my I-pad every game to listen to his broadcast, even if we are on TV.  I know of others who do the same.  For me the TuneIn app is better than the Athletic Department's feed.  I also like his call better than the Big Al/Steve show on ESPN3.  No offense intended.  Finally, it was wild sitting in the Bryce Jordan Center at Penn State listening to Adam call the game via the TuneIn app and my I-phone with ear plug.  Go Golden Eagles!

Are we going to get preempted by the Thunder broadcast on the feed? I don't want to turn it on expecting to get the smooth professionalism of Adam Hildebrand and instead get surprised by Matt "CHA-CHING A THUNDER MONEYBALL!!!" Pinto openly questioning if the refs were paid off by the Utah Jazz.

1 hour ago, ManiacAlum said:

Are we going to get preempted by the Thunder broadcast on the feed? I don't want to turn it on expecting to get the smooth professionalism of Adam Hildebrand and instead get surprised by Matt "CHA-CHING A THUNDER MONEYBALL!!!" Pinto openly questioning if the refs were paid off by the Utah Jazz.

I never listen on the radio - I always use the ORU link. 

Perhaps I (and you?) should also use the TuneIn app, as suggested by ORU82.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

I take no small amount of pride in typically recognizing the past greats, but I have to admit I can't place ANY of these former players.

Is the guy in white former Indiana Pacer and current NBA ref Haywoode Workman??

Or, is the big dude in the bright blue shirt on the back row Brian Miles?

The guy on the far left Rocky Walls?

And the guy next to him:  is his last name Wilson?  Played for Dick Acres in the mid-eighties?

• Like 1