ORU vs. Arkansas-Little Rock

ORUTerry

Eighteen pages of pregame notes, and not one word re: Ruder or Fuqua's future availability, or even addressing their injuries to begin with. 

The only clue is that Jontray will be starting, which we all assumed for Ruder, but which also speaks somewhat to RJ's availability.

No mention due to HIPAA concerns?

Little Rock isn't very good but ORU is worse and very banged up....the Trojans are an early 3.5 point favorite....hard to believe that the Golden Eagles will go over there and win....3rd game of the week....we will need big efforts from the front court....TheEagleman just can't see it.....75-69 UALR.....that's 8 losses in a row if you are keeping track....:sweat:

I think we win this one if we take care of the ball. UALR is good in transition but our hAlf court defense is improving.  I'm a self diagnosed optimist though.

Btw, I'm hearing RJ will play.  Ruder might be back for conference play.  Let's hope Harris uses this extra PT to get comfortable.  He's been good on defense and has been playing very hard.  Unfortunately he's been a TO machine and not making many shots.  You'd think he would stop getting nervous since there is Noone to put in for him anyway.

If Fuqua plays then ORU has a shot....the line has drifted up to 4.5....its a tough call....Ruder will be missed from the outside....but lets go Blue!!:eagles:

I wish it was not true, but to be honest, Ruder is our only good 3-point shooter.  With him out, it will probably become more difficult to score down low.  When you do not have to be concerned about ORU scoring from the 3-point line, you can play zone against them all game long.  I do not know if that is what opposing coaches will choose to do, but it is probably what I would do.  So hopefully Paul Mills is working with the team to determine how best to beat the zone (making the extra pass, etc.).

2 hours ago, ORUJason said:

I wish it was not true, but to be honest, Ruder is our only good 3-point shooter. 

Kearns is shooting 46% from deep (Ruder - 38%).  Unfortunately he is playing out of position at PG and not getting as many looks as Ruder was.  From the couple games I've watched online, I think Kearns has the purest shot on the team.

49-49 with 4 min to go...White having another good game....:eagles:

Horrible excution by ORU out of the TO. 

ORU has to play 22 seconds of defense