ORU at K. State

ORUalum

1 minute ago, ORUIsbig said:

I really am not a fan of the Zone.  When the other team are better shooters and better athletes, what's the point? They are just going to shoot 3s all day and meanwhile wear us out.

The zone is going to come in handy this season now that the body count is rising - ORU has lost 3 guards they couldn't afford to lose in the last couple of weeks!

Kearns, bless his heart, can not deal with tough ball pressure.  These turnovers are killers.

2 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

Kearns, bless his heart, can not deal with tough ball pressure.  These turnovers are killers.

It's called fatigue.  He's played all but 2 minutes of this game.

I hear myself thinking things that I used to tell my guards in practice:  "Son, don't just let them overplay you into driving down the sideline, where they'll force you to pick up your dribble." 

"Dribbles go to the corner to DIE!!"

1 minute ago, ORUalum said:

really impressed with how Mills has a very short handed ORU team playing

It really is noteworthy; this is two games in a row where they got way behind, yet battled back.

Not sure recent teams would have fought the entire 40 minutes, once things began to go south.

i think he is still tinkering and trying to figure out where he can get minutes

• Like 1

Mills and Weber in a face off to see who will be more hoarse at the end of this game

• Like 1

Good effort tonight. Literally left it all out there, including some bodies unfortunately

Mills is earning some real respect from me. We had no business being in this game tonight. Proud of the effort. 

Just now, Old Titan said:

I'm wondering if Mills is considering red-shirting Ahmedic?

Ahmedic has played a bit hasn’t he? What’s the ruling there? 

much improved.......need to continue to get better

let's hope Ruder is not done for the year......also need RJ to come back so Sam does not have to play essentially the whole game each night.

Javan had the best game of his college career.

1 minute ago, EagleManiac said:

Ahmedic has played a bit hasn’t he? What’s the ruling there? 

He could still red-shirt (hasn't played enough games to ruin that), or he could even get a medical hardship and save the year.

I can recall a half-dozen underclassman during the Sutton years who, once it became apparent after a few games that there weren't enough minutes to go around, came down with mysterious back or joint ailments that saved them that year of eligibility... ;)

Great effort tonight by ORU....very good game for such a shorthanded team...I only took a small loss tonight so not a big deal but have to say TheEagleman was surprised we hung so close...this team has a lot of heart but running out of players....need RJ back....:sweat:

6 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

much improved.......need to continue to get better

let's hope Ruder is not done for the year......also need RJ to come back so Sam does not have to play essentially the whole game each night.

Javan had the best game of his college career.

I think Kearns showed in the Oakland game that he can be a knock down shooter coming off screens. If he can play off the ball he could light up the Summit League.