ORU at K. State

ORUalum

1 hour ago, ORU82 said:

Yeh, not to rehash Mr. Conley but if he was looking for PT/action, he sure left the Titanic a little early.  Oh well, move along.

Just a head scratching move.  Seems like even if he didn't like Mills coaching style he might've gotten over it once he started playing 30 minutes a game.

A little bit about a lot...

• Everything I'm seeing on the internet re: dislocated shoulders talks about 12-to-16-week full recovery times, which might mean Ruder will be out until around conference tournament time.

• Which begs to question:  8 games into a 30-game schedule, can a 5th-year graduate transfer petition for a 6th-year medical hardship ruling?

• What's the latest on RJ Fuqua's concussion status?

• If you're Paul Mills, do you at least give Papi Conley a phone call to take his temperature about an immediate return to school, with the thought he could still transfer in the spring?

• If not, is there time this week for walk-on tryouts at point guard before the students leave for the break?  I'm dead serious:  just ANYONE who can bring the ball up and get the offense started for a couple of minutes a half?

• Along those lines, has anyone else noticed that Emmanuel does a nice job bringing the ball up the floor?  Should he be utilized as a point forward at times during this body shortage, ala Larry Owens?

• The K-State television broadcast team was among the best I've EVER heard for a local production:  professional, balanced, and insightful.  Were very respectful of ORU's previous successes and current predicament, without sounding condescending.  They did a better job than a lot of Fox or ESPN teams on NATIONAL games.

• I like Paul Mills' new blue suit with the open-collar white dress shirt.  Nice compromise...

• Forgive me if I already asked this question elsewhere, but did Coach Mills raid the supply closet at Baylor Athletics before he left for his stash of neon yellow-green index cards?  Can't we get him some blue ones?  What does he have written on those cards that he references so frequently?  Plays?  Player names?  Inspirational Bible verses?  Post-game restaurant ideas?  His family's Christmas list?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

• Forgive me if I already asked this question elsewhere, but did Coach Mills raid the supply closet at Baylor Athletics before he left for his stash of neon yellow-green index cards?  Can't we get him some blue ones?  What does he have written on those cards that he references so frequently?  Plays?  Player names?  Inspirational Bible verses?  Post-game restaurant ideas?  His family's Christmas list?

Bontrager struggled mightily with player names the other night, but his riffs on Paul Mills' index card and Greg Kampe's hair were pure gold.

As for Conley, he has to still be on campus right?  Wouldn't it have been too late in the semester to start elsewhere?  I don't see how it would hurt to reach out.

9 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

As for Conley, he has to still be on campus right?  Wouldn't it have been too late in the semester to start elsewhere?  I don't see how it would hurt to reach out.

He's only been off the team for something like 3 weeks.

College students have historically been known to leave school for similar amounts of time for a variety of financial, health or personal reasons, only to return and resume their studies (albeit with a lot of catching up to do).

20 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

Interesting.... wonder if we would even want him back? The obvious choice is Conley because he is familiar with the system, etc. Could/would Crawford transfer immediately? Not sure we would want him beyond this year. Definitely need bodies to help Kearns. We run the risk of wearing him out. And we could use his offensive firepower.