ORU at K. State

ORUalum

ORU is a 22.5 pt dog for this one.

Can ORU take another step forward or will it be two steps back after snatching defeat from the jaws of victory against Oakland?

Keeping it under an 18 pt deficit would be progress to me.

K State -22.5 ....That's like taking money from a baby....the Cats have crushed several teams at home already and will have no qualms rubbing it in on ORU by at least 30.......Unless Big Albert becomes Joel Embiid overnight this game has ugly written all over it...TheEagleman calls it KSU 93 ORU 63....:inlove:

ORU played up in Manhatten in 2013 and were handled pretty easily most of the game, despite Obi Omegano's 24 points.

Tough place to play - not gonna be pretty.  I don't expect an OSU-style blowout, but I doubt it will be very competitive, either.  76-60, Wildcats.

P.S.  Speaking of Obi, I just watched his clone (but with dreads) lead SDSU to a big overtime win at Ole Miss.  His name is David Jenkins, Jr., and he took over down the stretch after Summit League POY Mike Daum fouled out early in the extra time.

The Jackrabbits are good, my friends - very good.

Remember the days when ORU playing at Kansas State would have made this list of potential mid-major upsets for tonight? :(

TheEagleman has the wagers in and got the line at 22 early this morning....it's now up to 23.5......I took K State straight up -22 and also teased with the over which was 139 this morning....now up to 140.....So on the teaser I have the Wildcats -16 and the over at 133.....feeling very good about all those wagers.....I think ORU is gonna get hammered by at least 30.....playing on the road in a tough building vs. a good team only 48 hours after a brutal OT loss at home.....unfortunately, this has rout written all over it.....:geek:

For some reason, I have a feeling this is going to be an ugly game, and not high-scoring enough to warrant that number.

If I had a gun to my head, I would take ORU and the points, plus the "under", but take K-State on the money line.

But remember, there's a very good reason why I don't actually bet:  more times than not, I'm wrong:-P

If KSU lets us hang around there may be  a point shaving investigation.

Seriously though this is a another tough game in an absolutely brutal schedule.  The guys are steadily improving but that won't matter tonight (most likely).

Did the previous regime put this schedule together or was it a combined effort? I know we have to schedule these games for money reasons, but you would think we could do a better job of geographic proximity and not having so close together. 

This typical example of a low-major schedule must come as a shock to Mills & Co.  

They go from playing hardly any true road games until January in a typical year at Baylor, to now playing hardly any HOME games until after the first of the year.

Must be nice going into conference play at 10-2 instead of 2-10...

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

separated shoulder???

That would be the least-serious injury possible for Ruder in that situation.

But, on a reach-in like that, injuries can run the gamut from a strained bicep all the way to a torn bicep, dislocated elbow, or broken arm.

The way they were supporting his arm as they walked off the floor did not look good - I'm afraid it's something significant...

Just now, Dr. Cornelius said:

Maybe a broken wrist? I agree it looked pretty bad.

He knew immediately it was something bad.  You can just tell when a guy in that situation knows it's serious.

Since midway through the first half, ORU is playing some of its best basketball of the season.

Just a crying shame they are running out of bodies!!

Hanging in there! I think we may have seen the last of Ruder unfortunately. Disappointing. 

I really am not a fan of the Zone.  When the other team are better shooters and better athletes, what's the point? They are just going to shoot 3s all day and meanwhile wear us out.