Big Sky / Summit sign 4 year deal

ORUalum

8 minutes ago, ORUParentLurker said:

Well, the motivation of bringing in ORU is partially to allow the scheduling to change.  It give Missouri State a travel partner to set up two game trips for the other schools.  I have to believe every school is interested in reducing travel cost.  The MVC is more likely to have a TV deal as well and that would bring in revenue.

...but not enough revenue to cover the expenses for all the non-revenue sports to compete/travel in the Valley.

I was actually fortunate enough to be "in the room" a few years back when ORU was assembling its presentation for Valley consideration (following Creighton's departure for the Big East).  The factor I mentioned was one of the main concerns from ORU's standpoint.

As it turned out, ORU's concern of being able to afford the move was moot:  the Valley presidents (who look at things from a non-competitive - and somewhat bizarre - perspective) chose Loyola of Chicago as the replacement, solely because of the enrollment potential of the Chicago metro area for all Valley schools.