Oakland at ORU

ORUalum

ORU currently a 7.5 dog at home.

Oakland may be without their leading scorer....

Looking to rebound in the final matchup of a four-game road trip at old conference foe Oral Roberts Monday night, Kampe indicated the team might be without its leading scorer in Nunn (23.8 ppg), still hobbled by an ankle injury.

“We’ve got to get Kendrick healthy, and maybe I’ve got to sit him for a week or so,” Kampe said. “We can’t have him playing half-speed. He’s a shadow of himself.”

That injury might be the only thing to keep the Grizzlies from topping 100 points.

Seriously; Greg Kampe's bunch can really score.  Very curious to see how Coach Mills tries to defend them.

After watching the lack of effort vs Penn St. I think we need more players than Nunn to miss the game to keep it competitive.  Also what happened to Stevie Clark from Douglas High School?  He played for Oakland last year.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, ORU2017grad said:

After watching the lack of effort vs Penn St. I think we need more players than Nunn to miss the game to keep it competitive.  Also what happened to Stevie Clark from Douglas High School?  He played for Oakland last year.

It would appear that Stevie Clark is now at LSU-Shreveport. Which would be school number 5 I think:

LSU-S adds Okla. State, Illinois State transfers

Tonight's game is on ESPN3 on a VERY light evening of college basketball action (only nine D-1 games being played nationally).

Betting line opened this morning at Oakland -7.5; in less than an hour it's moved to -8.5 and might reach double-digits by tip-off.

The total of 149.5 seems very low - I would take the "over" for sure.  I'm thinking something in the neighborhood of 90-76 without RJ, 86-74 if RJ can play at his previous level...  8)

25 minutes ago, ManiacAlum said:

It would appear that Stevie Clark is now at LSU-Shreveport. Which would be school number 5 I think:

LSU-S adds Okla. State, Illinois State transfers

The coach at LSU-Shreveport is Kyle Blankenship, who played at TU then assisted at Rogers State in Claremore. 

He would have been very familiar with good Stevie and bad Stevie.

• Upvote 1

ORU is now a 9 point dog.....anyone know if RJ is going to play tonight?....that's the main thing that might keep this game competitive although Oakland has been blown out like us a couple of times....lost by 43 at Kansas over the weekend but KU is #3.... OT is correct....the OVER is very tempting because hard to believe that the Grizz won't score at least 85-90.....also the money line is tempting....you can bet $100 on ORU to win $350....that may even go up during the day....but let's face it, does ORU really have a shot to win?....without their leading scorer and if RJ is playing, call TheEagleman nuts but I think we have a chance....I need to know if RJ is playing before making a prediction.....Break out the Gold unis......:eagles:

Any word on RJ Fuqua for tonight???....:tb-blue:

Pierre Freaking Dukes.

I was seated next to the guy wearing the blue shirt and burgundy sweater vest who's standing on the far right of the picture (his name is Doug Wince).

Right across the aisle from the lady in white, who is already doing "The Surrender Cobra". (Google it)

And, when that shot went in, I felt physically ill.  :puke:

Did you really have to remind us of that shot from 12 years ago, OT???..:@....I was sick for weeks and after watching the game at my sons' house and I was driving home listening to ESPN radio and they have a live interview with Kampe....I almost crashed into the guardrail.....we still owe Oakland for this and ORU can start the payback with a win tonight....this photo has induced me to go with the home team +9 tonight (teased with the over/149) and I will assume that RJ is back in the lineup....So TheEagleman will make a small wager and get ORU +15 and I have the over at 143....need big games from our front court so maybe Albert, Javan and Eman will step it up and play some serious basketball tonight.....ORU pulls it out 83-80 to get a D-1 win.....:eagles:

I was told at Penn State he was out due to the concussion protocol.  I did talk to him and he said he would be back and was fine.  BTW, what a humble polite young gentleman he is.  Of course I am referring to RJ.

3 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Pierre Freaking Dukes.

I was seated next to the guy wearing the blue shirt and burgundy sweater vest who's standing on the far right of the picture (his name is Doug Wince).

Right across the aisle from the lady in white, who is already doing "The Surrender Cobra". (Google it)

And, when that shot went in, I felt physically ill.  :puke:

Kampe (who is pretty open about answering fan's questions on social media) did a podcast reminiscing about the Duke's shot yesterday...

8 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Kampe (who is pretty open about answering fan's questions on social media) did a podcast reminiscing about the Duke's shot yesterday...

Link? I would love to hear what he has to say.