ORU at Penn State

theeagleman5

Line has opened up at ORU +21.5.....a 3 time zone switch in just over 48 hrs....it's  a no brainer....take the Nits and lay the points....it will be a black Friday for our Golden Eagles......PSU  89....ORU 62......:wacko:

This has wire-to-wire blowout written all over it. 

Which means it very well might not be, at least not till the end.

I say ORU covers the spread in a sloppy game. 85-68 Nittany Lions. 

I agree with both assessments above.  On paper, Penn State may be the best team we face all year.  They are currently 5-1 beating Campbell 86-75, Fairleigh Dickinson 81-57, Montana 70-57, Columbia 79-65 and Pitt 85-54.  They lost on Tuesday night to Texas A&M 98-87.  Their victory over Pitt is the widest margin of victory they have had so far this year basically running the Panthers out of the gym.  Pitt on the other hand is currently 1-4 with loses to Navy 71-62, Montana 83-78, Penn State 85-54 and Oklahoma State 73-67.  Their lone victory was over UCSB 70-62.  I point out Pitt's record because they have played at least a couple of our common opponents (Montana and Okie State) as well as Penn State who we face tomorrow.  Although it does not mean anything, we gave Montana as good of a game as Pitt did but got ran off the floor at Oklahoma State by the same team that barely beat Pitt, so go figure.  We will have to bring our "A" game and hope that Penn State is overlooking us for their next opponent, N.C. State who they play next Wednesday.  I also know that the Golden Eagles got into State College at 11:00 p.m. Wednesday night so they have had today to rest up or get acclimated to the time change.  However, at the end of the day this game could get very ugly early.  If the team that showed up to play the Pokes in Stillwater shows up tomorrow in the Bryce Jordan Center to face Penn State, we will have a very long day.

BTW, is anyone going to the game?  It has been a couple of years since I last saw the Golden Eagles play live, and I am bring a small group (4 of us) to the game tomorrow.  Hopefully it will not get too ugly.  GO GOLDEN EAGLES and Expect a Miracle!

TheEagleman was going to make the 4 hour drive but we are in SC on our hurricane Irma postponed vacation from September....wish I could be there to root the boys on....:eagles:

In BJC with great seats right behind our bench.  My guess is we will have 100+ in attendance with first 3 rows behind the bench being ORU people.

I did not think it was possible, but the guard play thus far this year is worse than last season.

Cha-ching!!!...easy $$$ today but TheEagleman is sad ORU  played so poorly....happy to be in SC instead of Happy Valley....PSU wins by 38....ouch!....:|:rain::|

Honestly.....TheEagleman has not watched this ORU team but we must be awful....I thought with our front court that we would be competitive but this is a disgrace....Albert, Eman and White need to step it up....its not like Penn State and Okla. State are top 25 teams....heck, both are maybe top 75-100 at best......was the absence of Fuqua that big a deal?....hoping we can compete in the Summit...:sweat:

Lol....HUGE....the OSU and PSU games paid for my vacation and some turkeys for needy families in our church....I knew ORU would go down by 25+....but its very sad to see this....glad I didn't have to watch....better days are ahead....:eagles:

I believe the absence of RJ did hurt.  Watching the game from literally behind our bench it was apparent that Sam Kearns really struggled at the PG position, and no one else really filled that void either.  That is not a knock on Sam Kearns because I think he was brought in as a shooter, not a point guard.  With RJ's basketball sense and hustle I would have liked to have seen him take on PSU's guards.  In the end I do not think it would have been enough to win the game but I also believe it would have been a lot closer game.  We have a long way to go to turn the corner with our program.  On a different note, it was nice to see everyone who showed up in Happy Valley today to cheer on the team.  There is support for this program and people are hungry for a winner.  Go Golden Eagles!

I caught the end of the Texas A&M/Pepperdine game tonight.  The final score was 81-65 with Pepperdine losing, but it was actually a much closer game than that.  My point being is that Pepperdine loses to Texas A&M by 15, while Penn State lost to Texas A&M the other night by 11 (98-87).  This is the same Pepperdine club who we lost to the other night by 4 (80-76) and should have won, and the same Penn State team who ran us off the floor today by 38 points.  Go figure?