ORU at Pepperdine

ORUalum

13 minutes ago, EagleManiac said:

Wow — look at that crowd. Makes you feel a little better about the Mabee Center. 

no band, cheerleaders, or student section ---- i've seen better game atmosphere at a junior high basketball contest

1 minute ago, ORUalum said:

no band, cheerleaders, or student section ---- i've seen a better atmosphere at a junior high basketball game

Lol too true.

In their defense, classes are most likely out for thanksgiving. It kind of makes sense. 

Lots of positives throughout the game, but clutch play down the stretch was not one of them.  One-shot defensive rebounding, making free throws, taking care of the ball and getting good shots - all required to win close games on the road.

Gotta learn to f-i-n-i-s-h...

Tough loss! Hope these guys have some resilience. 

Anyone no the foul totals for both teams?  Seems like they drew a foul every time they went inside, & then converted most of their FTs.  We didn't do either from what I observed.

TheEagleman is enjoying a beachfront condo in SC and needed a tall glass of lambrusco to endure that loss last night to the Waves....watched some of Penn State vs. Texas A &M and the Nits will smack us around....moving East 3 time zones in 48 hrs won't help much either....:sweat:

9 hours ago, ORUIllini said:

Pretty excited about Emir after his performance last night....then tonight he sees zero action?

I was thinking that too. His minutes last night, though limited, were the best I've seen so far this year from any of our bigs. I wonder if he's returning from injury? Or maybe the other night was just a fluke? Time will tell.

I'm worried this might be a pattern this year with the current roster....it seems to be a 6 man team getting the bulk of the minutes....Sam, Austin, E, Javan, Al, RJ, all played close to 30+ minutes....maybe a factor to the 2nd collapse?

11 hours ago, ORUEaglesFan said:

Anyone no the foul totals for both teams?  Seems like they drew a foul every time they went inside, & then converted most of their FTs.  We didn't do either from what I observed.

23 fouls called on ORU, 19 on Pepperdine. They were 19-26 on free throws, we were 12-17. Box score and play-by-play available at: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=400999771

I thought the biggest difference in the game was that they got their 7th foul of the 2nd half with about 14 minutes left, then didn't have another called against them until 4 minutes left, which the announcer pointed out. We quit attacking, but also some missed calls that would have given us free throws and maybe stopped some runs. 

Looking at the play-by-play, they got a foul (7th team) at 14:26. Javan made one free throw to put us up 55-44, then there were 4 straight on us until their next foul at 4:17 when they were up 70-68.