ORU at Pepperdine

ORUalum

Opened as a pick-em; has already moved as far as -3 (it appears the Vegas crowd is quickly catching up with ORU's woes).

Hard to pick against the home team:  Waves by 8.

This is a game we can win....and we can use one.....so lets do this....ORU 77 Pepperdine 73....:eagles:

Yeah, I like our chances too. Some things seemed to come together in the second half last night, and Pepperdine is not really any good.

ORU by 9 at the 7:14 mark in the 1st - easily the best start to a game yet. 

RJ Fuqua has taken his game up a notch; doing all the little things well.  They have no one who can effectively guard him out top.

The bigs are taking much higher percentage shots, and converting.  Pretty good so far!

30 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Video is using the Pepperdine radio feed; apparently Thurston Howell III on the call...

index.jpg.6d3e5cf17d93590fe9db77ac020cd772.jpg

Lovey is keeping the stats...

I’m impressed with Albert tonight. Better effort, two really nice inside pass assists for easy buckets, and getting good shots. 

Right after I sang RJ's praises, he got clocked with an elbow trying to fight through a pick and he hasn't been the same since.

The bigs tired down the stretch and started leaving everything short in the paint, but Jevon hit a huge 3 from the corner right before the buzzer to make it 40-33 at the break.

Great to see Gerry Pollard as one of the refs tonight - he will always have a special place in my heart after calling such a fair game down the stretch when ORU beat No. 3 Kansas in Lawrence.

Just remembered there was a game on tonight. Clicked the link and was pleasantly surprised to see us up by 9. Totally shocked. Hopefully we can finish this one out. 

16 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

gotta bury this team with Edwards sitting in foul trouble

Welp, that didn't happen....gotta dig deep and grind out a win

5 minutes ago, EagleManiac said:

Wow — look at that crowd. Makes you feel a little better about the Mabee Center. 

If you've never been to Malibu and seen that campus, you would know why they have trouble drawing fans - it's arguably the most beautiful college setting in the country.

• Upvote 1