ORU at OSU

ORUalum

Yikes. Don’t think I can finish watching this one. OSU has totally let off the gas and they’re still humiliating us. This has gotta be a confidence killer for the guys. 

1 minute ago, Old Titan said:

Chris is really a nice finisher around the basket. 

The other bigs?  Not so much. 

Albert and Javan are less finishers and more heave-at-the-basket-ers. 

I think they’ll both be big assets for us against smaller, less skilled teams. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ORUTex said:

Not a big fan of the full court press up 40+ under 5 minutes. Trying to send a message?

Sutton's a classy guy :smiling-face-open-mouth-tight-closed-eyes:

• Upvote 2

Just now, ORUTex said:

Not a big fan of the full court press up 40+ under 5 minutes. Trying to send a message?

Oh, yes - you can count on it. 

But I really wonder how Scott feels sitting over there. I’m sure he feels bad fir the ORU players, but do you think he considers that this roster was largely of his making, and it just as well be him getting kicked if the tables were turned?

Congrats Eagleman!!!

You are kidding yourself if you think Scott did not enjoy every second of that.

• Upvote 1

He should feel exactly like the last 2 years felt. Except we weren't leading at the half in this one

I knew deep down we had a deep hole to get out of from the way Sutton tanked the program the last few years.  It will just take time.  This is going to be a long season and next year may not be that much better.  However, I am confident that given time, we will get out of this disaster our program is in.

OSU is a sub .500 team....enjoy this Pokes because when you come up against most of the Big 12 teams its not gonna be pretty....:devil:

Too early to draw conclusions.  Mills deserves time to turn things around.  Disappointed in tonight, but hopeful for the future.

I don't put this on Mills.  This is the current state of the program.

He is facing a complete rebuild.  It's going to be a heavy lift.

I do wonder how long it will take to adjust to this level.  It's not just a matter of acquiring talent.  It's a matter of adapting style to the kind of player you can get here.  If you try to just run conventional stuff you'll lose.  That's why you see a lot of mid majors having success with small lineups who spread the floor.  

Watching our gaurds protect dribble against heavy pressure with nowhere to go is discouraging.  You need to clear out at attack that all night.  Instead we have our bigs clogging the paint and not getting open.  At Baylor they always had bugs who could hurt you from the perimeter.  Clearly we don't have that.

None of this is on Mills.  Tonight we were shown just how far into the tank the team has gone the past several years.  Thank the previous staff for taking us there.  It is going to take time and it will be a heavy lift.  But given time we will succeed.  Go Golden Eagles!