Kevin Obanor (6'8" PF)

ORUalum

3 hours ago, ORUTerry said:

Another Houston kid.... I like our Texas pipeline. 

His Twitter account lists Durham, NC as home...

10 hours ago, Old Titan said:

His Twitter account lists Durham, NC as home...

Mt Zion is a boarding school / basketball factory....

Mount Zion Christian Academy (MZCA) is a college preparatory, non-denominational, co-educational day school (grades K-12) and boarding school (grades 9-12) located in Durham, North Carolina. The Academy is most noted for its successful prep basketball program. The prep program has produced many D-1 college players, International players and NBA players. The NBA players Tracy McGrady,[1]Brandon Rush, Chris Garnett,[2]Rodney White,[3]Marquis Daniels,[4]Jarrett Jack[5] and Steven Hunter all attended Mount Zion Christian Academy.

I wonder if "World B. Otto" was involved with this connection? 

He's been ORU's North Carolina pipeline before, albeit with mixed results (Hunter McLintock, Steven Roundtree, Jake Lliteras, et al).

Milton evidently knows (plays with/against) Obanor. See the teeet above welcoming him to the family. Is this another ‘assist’ from Milton?

I don't know who was responsible for the recruit but I do like what I am seeing for incoming recruits for 2018. We may be a couple years away from some good basketball.  Congrats to Coach Mills and staff for their hard work to bring a better product to ORU. LET'S DO THIS!

The beginning of a NEW ERA‼️

DOocAEEX4AI6nW4.jpg

DOocAD-X4AEl7_G.jpg
DOocANKXcAAQ-Gf.jpg
4:03 PM - 14 Nov 2017

Here video from the final of the Adidas Gauntlet in Spartanburh, SC.

• Obanor #11
  • Nutall #3

It would seem we are going to get a good idea of coach Mills preferred style of play from the recruits he gets in the 2018 class. 

So far, he is recruiting length and athleticism. He supposedly promised Weaver he would play the 3. This would fit the Baylor MO to a T. Get a 6'7 3 Man (Weaver), a long athletic 4 (Obanor), a big strong point guard (Milton), and all you need is a big, long armed center and a 6'4-6'6 athletic 2 guard to round out the starting 5. Nutall doesn't quite fit the bill size wise as the 2 guard but he might have the play making ability to make up for it. Javan White fits the bill at Center. 

Does anyone know the significance of "he has turned in his financial aid papers"?

Does that mean he's coming at the semester to enroll?