Sign in to follow this  
ORUalum

Kevin Obanor (6'8" PF)

ORUalum

ORUalum

vcboy2000

New unis!!!

ORUTerry

Another Houston kid.... I like our Texas pipeline. 

• Upvote 1

ORUTerry

ORUTerry

7E766883-E5F3-4D9B-8D24-C0256A73E234.png

753D0B1E-A421-4DF7-A923-91C2381B7E8A.jpeg

597E6284-CB4C-40D1-A77D-60F6F2BB36C0.jpeg

Old Titan
3 hours ago, ORUTerry said:

Another Houston kid.... I like our Texas pipeline. 

His Twitter account lists Durham, NC as home...

ORUalum
10 hours ago, Old Titan said:

His Twitter account lists Durham, NC as home...

Mt Zion is a boarding school / basketball factory....

Mount Zion Christian Academy (MZCA) is a college preparatory, non-denominational, co-educational day school (grades K-12) and boarding school (grades 9-12) located in Durham, North Carolina. The Academy is most noted for its successful prep basketball program. The prep program has produced many D-1 college players, International players and NBA players. The NBA players Tracy McGrady,[1]Brandon Rush, Chris Garnett,[2]Rodney White,[3]Marquis Daniels,[4]Jarrett Jack[5] and Steven Hunter all attended Mount Zion Christian Academy.

Old Titan

I wonder if "World B. Otto" was involved with this connection? 

He's been ORU's North Carolina pipeline before, albeit with mixed results (Hunter McLintock, Steven Roundtree, Jake Lliteras, et al).

ORUTerry

Milton evidently knows (plays with/against) Obanor. See the teeet above welcoming him to the family. Is this another ‘assist’ from Milton?

ORU GRAD

I don't know who was responsible for the recruit but I do like what I am seeing for incoming recruits for 2018. We may be a couple years away from some good basketball.  Congrats to Coach Mills and staff for their hard work to bring a better product to ORU. LET'S DO THIS!

The beginning of a NEW ERA‼️

DOocAEEX4AI6nW4.jpg

DOocAD-X4AEl7_G.jpg
DOocANKXcAAQ-Gf.jpg
4:03 PM - 14 Nov 2017

ORU82

I assume we were able to find recruits who do not have tattoos.  jk

Dr. Cornelius

Here video from the final of the Adidas Gauntlet in Spartanburh, SC.

• Obanor #11
  • Nutall #3

Idig32

It would seem we are going to get a good idea of coach Mills preferred style of play from the recruits he gets in the 2018 class. 

So far, he is recruiting length and athleticism. He supposedly promised Weaver he would play the 3. This would fit the Baylor MO to a T. Get a 6'7 3 Man (Weaver), a long athletic 4 (Obanor), a big strong point guard (Milton), and all you need is a big, long armed center and a 6'4-6'6 athletic 2 guard to round out the starting 5. Nutall doesn't quite fit the bill size wise as the 2 guard but he might have the play making ability to make up for it. Javan White fits the bill at Center. 

ORUTerry

ORU82

These all appear to be very impressive guys/players.  The future looks bright.  Go Golden Eagles!

ORUParentLurker

Does anyone know the significance of "he has turned in his financial aid papers"?

Does that mean he's coming at the semester to enroll?

Old Titan
10 hours ago, ORUParentLurker said:

Does anyone know the significance of "he has turned in his financial aid papers"?

Does that mean he's coming at the semester to enroll?

They change the rules on this stuff all the time, but I seem to recall "from back in the day" that this is the procedure for "signing" a kid outside of the specified period for Letters of Intent (LOI's).  The 2017 Early Signing Period for LOI's ended Wednesday, 11/15, so it begs to question whether he got in under the wire for an LOI or not.

The main difference is that LOI's bind the kid to a school and require a release if he changes his mind and wants to go somewhere else; "turning in financial aid papers" does not bind the prospect.  He could still go somewhere else before fall semester starts, up until he actually attends class. 

With him being at a prep school, it does make you wonder if he's coming on board for the second semester.  Maybe this is how you do it, if that's the case?  I think they call it "grey shirting" (as opposed to red shirting).  He could practice with the team all second semester, get started on his classwork, and be classified as a freshman in the fall of 2018.

I think...

ORUParentLurker

That would be ideal.  It probably just depends on if he was fully qualified when he came out of HS.  I assume his year at Mt Zion was as a post grad.  This happens a lot with international kids where they come over when they can during the school year and are able to practice right away.  Then they start the clock the following season.