ORU vs Avila (Homecoming)

ORUalum

37 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

LOL - one of the more entertaining aspects of college basketball season is reading the game thread on the TU message board during a "guarantee game" in the non-conference schedule:

Pregame:  Unrealistic predictions, based on a combination of disdain for the opponent's capabilities and denial of their own team's shortcomings.  Every returnee & recruit is potentially all-conference.

First Media Timeout:  Utter shock that the opponent has the unmitigated gall to be competitive, that the returnees look just like they did last year, and the newcomers are not leading the statistical battle.

Last Media Timeout Before The Half:  Everything that's going wrong is the result of poor officiating.

Halftime:  Rallying of the fan base, with sure-fire second half solutions for whatever is ailing their beloved team.  Convinced that the first half is merely the result of nerves, and rust.

First Media Timeout of 2nd Half:  General angst as halftime adjustments are failing to result in desired outcome; first rumblings of needing a coaching change (because these new guys can't play a lick!).

2nd Half Midpoint:  Dissension among the ranks, as fans resort to a barrage of back-biting, name-calling and the like re: the strength of the team, the bona fides of the opponent, their mothers' chastity, etc.

Final Media Timeout:  If it wasn't the refs' fault in the first half, it DAMN sure is now! 

Postgame:  Of this much they are sure:  the returning players have not improved, the recruits are over-rated, the coach should be fired immediately, and oh, Lord - what if we lose to ORU again??

The funny thing is that some of these points are correct....

OT's post made me go look at tu game thread. He's pretty much right about all of it. I always was skeptical of the Haith hire for them. Looks like it might be his last shot this year. 

Lol....TU SUCKS!!!:clap::devil::eagles:

1 hour ago, ORUalum said:

It's already been a good day.....

DOS-vuuV4AEt0wF.jpg

I'm still so salty about Jefferies leaving for tu. This article describing how/why he ended up at tulsa is ridiculous. Particularly this part: 

Meanwhile, Scott was talking up Jeffries to TU coach Frank Haith and his assistant coaches.

“When (Jeffries) decided to leave Oral Roberts and went to juco, he told me he still wanted to stay close, so I told Coach Haith and the staff that here’s a kid, he’s from Oklahoma, he wants to play close to home and he was playing juco in Texas, so they could get down to see him anytime,” Scott explained. “So they went down to see him and they liked him a lot. That’s when he came on his visit and decided to come here.”

I'm pretty sure they liked him when we were giving them buckets during the mayor's cup. smh. Glad their season is starting off the right way. https://tulsa.rivals.com/news/jeffries-and-scott-making-big-impact-for-tulsa-basketball

Jeffries had 12 points...1 reb and 5 fouls in 19 min....eh....we won't miss him that much....:geek:

Jeffries was the lone bright spot today - sparked a late comeback when TU trailed by double-digits. 

He can play - I’m sure he will be a (the?) key factor in Monday night’s game. 

My game stats tonight ORU 68  Avila 55. Owens get 20 pts in a winning cause. However, if we get beat, I will refer to (the referees were bad). Three starters in double figures.  

Things are off to a brilliant start with the new radio partner.   Let me guess.......bumped for HS football??? 

ORUathletics.com ability to stream content with consistency and quality is sketchy at best. 

Case in point, the pre-game show has already been knocked off the air and says "the channel is offline".

Having a radio station stream has been nice for out of town followers of the program.  I hope this is the only scheduling conflict that arises this season.