DeShang "DJ" Williams-Weaver (6'7" F)

ORUalum

Well spoken young man. I like that he is excited to come to ORU. We are excited to have him. 

This kid is the best signing for ORU since DoMo.....can't wait to see him in Blue and Gold....in fact, why not just give D.J. #45???...:clap:

REALLY good interview........impressive young man

• State Championship
  • National Hype as a Freshman
  • Knee Issues
  • Choosing ORU (visits included Texas, Kansas, UCLA)
  • Relationship w/Mills, Hester and fellow signee Ken Milton
  • Mills gave word that he will play the 3 at ORU

Don't want to put undue pressure on these kids - but the tandem of Weaver and Milton reminds me a lot of Caleb Green and Ken Tutt.  Well, at least I can dream....

• 1 month later...

A quick blurb in the Houston Chronicle about Houston area high school basketball and a mention of Cypress Falls - Deshang Weaver's team. They are doing well.

4. Golden Eagles soar

Reigning Class 6A champ Cypress Falls (19-3, 3-0) continues to lead Houston's 6As, maintaining its spot at No. 3 in the Texas Association of Basketball Coaches rankings. Dekaney is fourth, Klein Forest seventh and Sam Houston 11th. Elkins (17-10, 6-1) slipped one spot to 13th in 5A, right behind 23-5A co-leader Shadow Creek (14-5, 6-1), which Elkins beat 77-71. Yates and Brazosport are Nos. 4 and 5, respectively, in 4A.

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/article/Houston-HS-basketball-primer-Jan-12-12488515.php

• 1 month later...