ORU Midnight Madness

ORUTerry

The eye seems a little too big (could use a mean squint), but I'm not going to complain. 

They finally got rid of Foghorn Leghorn.........literally anything would have been an improvement over that cartoon chicken.

Thank you to whoever convinced Mike Carter it was time to move on from that logo.

I like it. A lot. Our logo finally represents the fierce bird that the golden eagle is.  It’s a huge upgrade on the old Eli. Not a big fan of the font they used for the ORU, but I can live with it. 

HUGE props to the athletic department for finally making this move. Going to be buying some new ORU gear ASAP. 

• Upvote 1

Not thrilled with the font, but it is a marked upgrade over the arched ORU.  The bird is a HUGE improvement over Eli - and the replacement of the HUGE Eli on the court is a welcome change.  At first blush, I like the staining of the key and three-point area, but I'll want to see it in person to gain a better perspective.  I'm also VERY glad to see that the "Expect a Miracle" was maintained.  I know that there was some conversation about deleting it from the court, but I'm pleased with the final outcome.  To me, it is a reflection of the DNA of the University.

Finally, I loved seeing the turnout from the students and local fans.  Nice to see some excitement for ORU hoops!

• Upvote 1

So is this new logo called Eli, or is Eli out with the old?

Also, is this one profile shot of the new eagle, the only new logo? 

Not a big fan of the font right now....it's only been a few hours, it may grow on me......

I'm not ashamed to admit that I like the arched ORU, sad to see it go.

I do like the new eagle, brings way more to the table than good ole Eli, kind of sad to see him go, but change is good.

Any chance the same design team created both IWU and ORU?

Did they unveil new uniforms last night? Can't imagine we"ll have the same ones with the arched ORU?

incarnate word.jpg

oru new.jpg

I was in favor of keeping Eli, but I like both the new font and the new golden eagle logo.  I like that they kept an emphasis on the Vegas gold color in the new mascot logo and they kept the right navy blue color as well.

1 hour ago, ORUIllini said:

Not a big fan of the font right now....it's only been a few hours, it may grow on me......

I'm not ashamed to admit that I like the arched ORU, sad to see it go.

I do like the new eagle, brings way more to the table than good ole Eli, kind of sad to see him go, but change is good.

Any chance the same design team created both IWU and ORU?

Did they unveil new uniforms last night? Can't imagine we"ll have the same ones with the arched ORU?

incarnate word.jpg

Here are some of the other avian themed D1/D2/Canadian athletic logos. I'd put the new logo in the top half - the font doesn't really bother me that much considering the Microsoft '97 wordart we had been using.

birds.png