News
Sign in to follow this  
ORUTerry

Huge Basketball Recruiting Scandal

Dr. Cornelius
8 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

UNC had fake classes and fake student / athletes, but will receive no punishment.  The NCAA is a complete joke.

I like how UNC's defense for all of this is "The UNC athletic dept doesn't have the responsibility for fake classes at our university"... so basically UNC is a diploma mill.

• Like 1

Dr. Cornelius

DMBfXUFXcAIenRw.jpg

:smiling-open-mouth-smiling-eyes:

ORUalum

If UNC Greensboro or Davidson set up the same classes ---- let's see what happens.

The NCAA can't penalize academic fraud, but thank God they are monitoring the Youtube channels of punters at UCF!

ORUTerry

Agree - if a non Power conference did this the NCAA would throw the book at them. The hypocrisy is stunning. How could this not be a violation?

What worth is a degree from UNC? This was comprehensive and occurred over a number of years. How in the world do they keep their accreditation ? 

Dr. Cornelius
4 hours ago, ORUalum said:

If UNC Greensboro or Davidson set up the same classes ---- let's see what happens.

I think this proves that there is just too much money involved for a Power 5 school to ever be punished again. Media rights holders count on certain teams being available for programming on their schedule. If UNC or a team of that caliber is banned from the post season that would hurt potential viewership and plans already in place.

Old Titan

"Must...not...point...out...same...thing...existed...back...in...early...Eighties..."  :tmi:  :x 

#Statistics101

#Humanities

#HolySpiritInTheNow

#EtcEtcEtc

ORUalum

apples and oranges --- those classes actually met (lectures, quizzes, multiple exams, discussion groups etc); required more than a final paper; and no chance that a one paragraph final paper receives an A-

universities have always steered athletes to less rigorous classes --- UNC just took it to another level; but their excuse that these no show / no classroom courses met their academic standards is simply laughable

the future of academic fraud is going to be online courses for athletes.....much easier for others to do the classwork and difficult to prove

• Like 1

theeagleman5

Holy Spirit in the Now and 20th Century Evangelism really helped TheEagleman's GPA....and who couldn't love Humanities with Dr. Paul and Dr. Morgan....gosh I loved those guys....know Dr. Paul has passed but anybody know if Dr. Morgan is still around???..:oru-logo:

MrsSmith
On 10/16/2017 at 4:11 PM, Old Titan said:

"Must...not...point...out...same...thing...existed...back...in...early...Eighties..."  :tmi:  :x 

#Statistics101

#Humanities

#HolySpiritInTheNow

#EtcEtcEtc

Personally I found humanities difficult.  I much preferred my computer, math and business classes.

I was speaking to a current student who is an accounting major last week.  She was complaining about how hard the Old Testament class is.  And she is a straight A student (except for PE).  :)

Old Titan

Guys, all I can say is this:  none of you must have been in my 7:50am classes, circa 1981!  LOL 8)

• Like 1

ORUalum

OSU seems nervous........tick, tock......

OSU Withholds Guard Jeffrey Carroll From Play

Posted: Updated:
By: NewsOn6.com

STILLWATER, Oklahoma -

Oklahoma State University is withholding guard Jeffrey Carroll from play indefinitely, sources tell News On 6. 

The senior from Rowlett, Texas, has a long list of recognitions listed on the OSU basketball website including Second-Team All-Big 12 Conference honors (Associated Press & Coaches), First-Team All-District by the National Association of Basketball Coaches and U.S. Basketball Writers Association Second-Team All-District.

ORUalum

more......

ORUalum

"Player-4" ????......on the upside, the money did not change hands with him in the room, they waited until he left.....it goes on to say that Player-4 did not decide to declare for the draft, but would return for his SR season....

The whole meeting with Evans, the agent, an Player-4 starts on page 31........LINK

5a0625dae0e06_Screenshot-2017-11-10download.png.f0db5df0c3f45aca253363a7e6b5e91c.png

ORUalum

sounds like Carroll will miss the ORU game.....

Report: Carroll may return next week for Cowboys

According to GoPokes.com, Oklahoma State senior men’s basketball player Jeffrey Carroll will likely be back playing for the Cowboys next week after they host Oral Roberts on Thursday night.

It was reported by Robert Allen on the radio that Carroll is in New York City being interviewed about the scandal that broke in late September. Carroll was implicated in the FBI investigation involving former OSU assistant coach Lamont Evans and financial advisers.

EagleManiac

It just keeps coming out. With how many MAJOR programs are involved, you have to think we are going to see some HUGE changes in college basketball. Expect the NCAA to make some big moves this summer.