Sign in to follow this  
ORUTerry

TU's Education Department loses state accreditation

ORUTerry

Not sure how this can happen to a school like TU. Even an institution like Langston that has a very low pass rate for the teacher certification test is still accredited.

Link:   http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/education/tu-s-education-department-loses-state-accreditation-jeopardizing-students-in/article_93007682-1188-56c0-b95a-2402231f9768.html

ORUalum

i thought universities had faculty committees and conducted self studies and assessments prior to accreditation visits to prevent stuff like this.  heads should role in the TU administration.  very embarrassing for a good academic institution.

ORUJason

I am sure someone will get fired over this, and it would probably be the undergraduate dean of education.  That is inexcusable, especially for a school like TU that tries to emphasize excellent academics as their biggest drawing card.  

I have no idea who is truly at fault in the TU education department, but I think that "tenured" professors can often get very lazy and comfortable. I have never been a big fan of tenure making an employee basically untouchable.

theeagleman5

This may actually be more embarrassing to TU than losing to ORU in men's basketball 3 straight years.....:-P

oruvoice

Harvard of the Midwest?!?

LOL!!!

• Like 1