Scott & Sean Sutton Updates

Old Titan

Couple of Tulsa World stories on how Scott & Sean Sutton are currently filling their time:

thanks for posting OT

good men.......i'm confident they will land on their feet and be back coaching in some capacity in college soon.

ORU really did them no favors by not severing ties immediately at the end of the season.

All I will say is that the comments about not being able to recruit players because of some "tattoo" rule really offended not only the basketball team but a lot of other athletes at ORU in other programs.  Many of the athletes at ORU in various sports took this personally and were deeply offended by it.  Basically they felt such comments slammed the entire athletic community at ORU and implied that the athletes we have are not top shelf but what the various programs had to settle for.  There were good reasons for what the University did in parting ways with the Sutton brothers.  I will leave it at that.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, ORU82 said:

All I will say is that the comments about not being able to recruit players because of some "tattoo" rule really offended not only the basketball team but a lot of other athletes at ORU in other programs.  Many of the athletes at ORU in various sports took this personally and were deeply offended by it.  Basically they felt such comments slammed the entire athletic community at ORU and implied that the athletes we have are not top shelf but what the various programs had to settle for.  There were good reasons for what the University did in parting ways with the Sutton brothers.  I will leave it at that.

I don't know of too many people (any?) who felt the move was not justified.

The problem most people (all?) had was with how the move was (mis)handled.

• Upvote 1

Well said, OT....well said.....:clap:

I hear you OT.  At least we are not Ohio State who paid Thad Matta a $625,000 bonus in April of this year after the Buckeyes failed to make the Big Dance for the 2nd year in a row, then fired him in June and agreed to pay his remaining contract which amounts to something north of $9,000,000.00.  But yes, I hear you.

• 3 months later...