Korey Billbury Travel Log

Old Titan

Interesting read. But, sad that so many average mid-major players honestly believe they are going to play in the NBA.

Fact is, most of them won't even make a decent 10 year career overseas. And even at that, they are 30 years old and going to have to figure out what to do with the next 50 years of their life...

I'm reminded of an ORU player about 20 years ago. He was only about 6-6 (forward) and averaged about 10 points and 8 rebounds a game. Yet, he would always say..."I'm going to the league". And, he fervently believed it.

Then, a couple of years later, we were on opposing teams at a local gym playing pick-up ball and I scored on him at will, in the low post. Every time I scored on him, I thought about him saying how he was going to the league. It was funny. But, more sad.

1 hour ago, oruvoice said:

we were on opposing teams at a local gym playing pick-up ball and I scored on him at will, in the low post.

Insert snarky comments re: Voice "scoring at will in the low post" here: _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Let me know if you need more lines... :)

23 minutes ago, oruvoice said:

Chuckle all you want. Back in the day, I could play.

You seem to forget that, "back in the day", you and I would check each other in afternoon games on the Mabee Center floor, so I'm very familiar with your particular set of skills.

And, as I recall, Misti Cussen regularly schooled BOTH of us in the paint!

30 minutes ago, oruvoice said:

You have a bad memory.

Don't take my word for it:  all we/you have to do is ask Scottie Will - he was out there, too.

I trust his memory more than I do "alternative facts". :x

LOL!

Fact is...most of these guys think they are going to the NBA, when VERY few of them even have a slim chance. You and I included. :smiling-face-open-mouth-tight-closed-eyes:

Hey, I went to the NBA!

Went four or five times last year alone; had great seats!  #fanboy  :clap:

• Upvote 1