Ashley Beatty

Old Titan

Horrible, horrible news:

Can only imagine how devastated everyone in the program is right now - sincere prayers for the entire ORU Athletics community.

;(;(;(.....praying for the family and friends.....a tragic loss for the ladies' team and the entire ORU community...ORU Asst AD says it's being investigated as a suicide......:-(

All the words that you can use to describe something like this are not enough.

Such a terrible loss.  

Prayers for everyone that knew her and loved her, and especially for her family.

• Upvote 1

In my 45 years of being involved with ORU....I never recall anything like this happening in an ORU dorm but perhaps it has and TheEagleman is not aware....I had a former Youngblood dorm mate die in his room in the Twin Towers in 1977 but to my knowledge it was not a suicide.  This is just heartbreaking......such a beautiful young girl.....;(

It is incredibly sad. I can't believe it. I too am praying for Ashley's family and her teammates.

Profoundly sad situation. Praying for the family and especially her sister & teammates. 

• Upvote 1

Prayers for the Beatty family and ORU women's basketball team and coaches.

Just brutal.....even TheEagleman is shedding a tear...you just wonder why... Tough times for the ORU family.......God is still in control...... :y:           ;(:oru-logo:;(

Ashley was a kind and loving young person. This is heartbreaking. I hope that the school takes a long transparent look at the program to make sure that all current and future players feel safe, and connected. 

11 hours ago, Hoopsfan said:

Ashley was a kind and loving young person. This is heartbreaking. I hope that the school takes a long transparent look at the program to make sure that all current and future players feel safe, and connected. 

You seem to be implying something with your last statement.

Not implying anything at all just making an observation. This program has been recruiting kids and losing them at a higher than average rate. My comment reflects on that but does not imply anything. 

This was a horrible, horrible event and my original comment should be taken at face value. If I had a family member in this program I would want nothing less than a top to bottom look at the program simply for safety sake.  

I love basketball as much as anyone, but this is much bigger. I hope that is not out of line, it seems like what anyone who supports the school and kids would want.