2017 MLB Draft

ORUalum

Mets Suck....:-P:puke::-P

Nice....glad that Howe will be in the NL East.....can't wait to see balls flying out of the park against him.....:-P

i did not even know Josh was draft eligible....

Any insights from insiders on whether these "third day" draft picks will sign - or hope to improve their status with another year under their belt?

I have no inside knowledge; however, I think that Dylan can improve his status if he stays for another year, but loses his "negotiating leverage" by waiting until his senior year unless he REALLY make strides.  He is already pretty good defensively and offensively.  

I think that Bryce goes on if pro baseball is what he wants to do. Josh McMinn would improve his draft status next year AND still have his leverage as he will be a junior next year and the option to return to college if he so desired - therefore, I think Josh definitely stays, Dylan may stay and Bryce goes to the Marlins.

• Upvote 2

McMinn -- pitching in the Cape Cod league......might be a good sign that he plans to return

Snypes and Whatley make it official......

NEW YORK METS — Agreed to terms with RHPs Tony Dibrell, Marcel Renteria, Connor O’Neil, Trey Cobb, Cannon Chadwick, Stephen Villines, Nate Peden, Joshua Payne, Joe Cavallaro, Billy Oxford, Liam McCall, Ryan Selmer and Noah Nunez; INFs Dylan Snypes, Carl Stajduhar, Gavin Garay and Jeremy Vasquez; LHPs Aaron Ford and Jose Sierra; and C Robby Kidwell on minor league contracts.

Snypes' signing opens up opportunities for others on the team to get an infield spot.  Between recruits and others already on the team, it should be a lively competition.

Good luck to Dylan and Bryce in chasing their dreams.  They will be challenged to make it to "The Show", but hopeful that good coaching and diligent training will add to their skills and make them valuable - like a Saladino or Hollimon.

Making the right pitch: Southwest Covenant graduate Josh McMinn ponders decision to turn professional after being drafted by Minnesota Twins

(excerpt)

“I have considered coming back for my junior year at Oral Roberts but I have not officially said no to the Twins yet. It’s still up in the air and it really depends on how the summer goes,” said McMinn.

McMinn graduated from Southwest Covenant School but played baseball from the seventh grade through his senior year at Union City as part of a co-op agreement between the Canadian County schools. He earned All-State accolades as part of the Tigers program.

Following a successful sophomore year at Oral Roberts, McMinn was picked on the third day of the recent MLB Draft by the Twins in the 36th round with the 1,066 overall pick.

“The negotiations remain open but I’m confident that I will be coming back to Oral Roberts. I think I can improve my draft stock if I can do well,” said McMinn.

McMinn said he can see the benefits of staying another year on the college level after pitching against players like Oklahoma State standout Garrett Benge in the recent NCAA regional in Arkansas.

Looks like Ryan is leaving. Great Tweet though - hope someone in the Administration sees this. Guys can come to school to play - and find Jesus. 

• Upvote 1

very cool,thanks for posting ORUTerry.

ORU could be even better next year with so many guys coming back

• Ausua, McMinn(?), McGregor, and Varnell -- starters
  • Stout and Womacks -- 8th inning / closers
  • McCutchin and Henson -- 1B / DH / reliever
  • Roark - 2B
  • Hernandez - 3B
  • Rotola and Cummings - OF

SS, C, 1 OF slot, and middle reliever (Grant Glaze was terrific) seem to be the holes to fill