Ryan Folmar & The Coaching Carousel

Old Titan

I know Ryan is a former Aggie, but OU could do a lot worse than talking to Coach Folmar about their vacancy.

Or, this guy - he seems to "get" it...

The triumphant return of the beloved Sunny Golloway??? :-D:-D:-D

If they want to stay in the region, I bet the DBU or Missouri St coaches would be ahead of Coach Folmar.

The Saturday 7-6 defeat was a heartbreaker especially since the Bearkats opened up with a 4-0 lead but that 19-0 loss yesterday at FSU won't help the resume of the SHSU coach.....:-P

http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/oklahoma-coach-pete-hughes-resigns/

Oklahoma is the lone Big 12 school with a head coaching vacancy. Potential candidates could include Sam Houston State coach Matt Deggs, Oral Roberts coach Ryan Folmar and Dallas Baptist coach Dan Heefner.

It is interesting that Rob Walton's name isn't mentioned.  Perhaps because he is at OSU and because he is an assistant coach now.  However, he was an excellent head coach who had great success and his experience with Team USA speaks to his coaching ability.

On 6/13/2017 at 8:01 AM, ORUJason said:

It is interesting that Rob Walton's name isn't mentioned.  Perhaps because he is at OSU and because he is an assistant coach now.  However, he was an excellent head coach who had great success and his experience with Team USA speaks to his coaching ability.

I just can't see OU hiring any coach from Oklahoma State for a "tier-1 sport" head coaching position.

Ever...

Norman Transcript has a lot of the same names we came up with.

Full Article

5 conventional choices

• Skip Johnson (OU pitching coach)
  • Dan Heefner (Dallas Baptist head coach)
  • Matt Deggs (Sam Houston State head coach)
  • Keith Guttin (Missouri State head coach)
  • Tim Tadlock (Texas Tech head coach)

5 less conventional choices

• Ryan Folmar (Oral Roberts head coach): Folmar graduated from Oklahoma State in 1997. OU may not be high on hiring an OSU grad, and Folmar might feel the same about accepting. Still, Folmar proved he can beat the Cowboys, something Sooner fans love. ORU was 4-0 against OSU this spring.

• Rob Walton (Oklahoma State assistant): Walton was the 2016 Baseball America Assistant Coach of the Year and helped make OSU relevant again. But does OU want to bring on another highly regarded pitching coach to its staff, who, like Folmar, graduated from rival OSU?

• Ray Hayward (Texas Tech pitching coach)

• Tom Walter (Wake Forest)

• Sunny Golloway (not active)

I cannot imagine Sunny Golloway being considered.  I am surprised he made this list.