2017 NCAA Tournament - ORU's 27th Appearance

TrueBlue82

1 minute ago, ORUalum said:

Noah Cummings!!!!! :bomb:

Brent Williams!!!!!! :bomb:

Two towering bombs. I was just about to complain about those two guys needed to get going. They shut me up.

• Upvote 1

I know right.........now we gotta get Whatley going

Up 3-0 and chased their starter.  Gotta keep it going with continued good pitching and hitting.

Oh boy....here come the Hogs....:|

that escalated quickly.......like McGregor completely lost his stuff between innings

Henson on now....we get a huge break on that ball off his glove....3-3 tie in the 5th...:tb-white:

Please walk-off and eliminate Arkansas on their own field. That would be amazing.

just could not figure out Arkansas pitchers.....tough loss

thanks for another great season of ORU baseball.:clap::clap::clap::tb-blue::clap::clap::clap:

lastly --- please do not let Easton design the uniforms next year

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

lastly --- please do not let Easton design the uniforms next year

This. So much this.

What happened to the baggy uniforms with "Oral Roberts" in cursive? Those were my favorite.

• Upvote 1

This team was fun to watch and played tough. It would have been nice to knock the Hog out of the tournament, but it was still a great season. 

Folmar probably left McGregor out there a batter or two too long...

I know that's obvious at this point, and you're trying to win 3 games in 2 days, so you're trying to save as many arms as possible... but when a guy gives up three hard hits in a row his day should be over. I don't think he retired a batter that inning.

It also probably came as a surprise to have McGregor fall apart so fast after being in control for the most part through 4 innings with a low pitch count.

I'm sure the plan was for it to be McGregor's game until the late innings and we didn't have anyone warming up. But that's when you go to the Rob Walton patented maneuver of tossing to first about 30 times to slow the game down.

Tough loss....UA bullpen was strong...we just couldn't  string any hits together. 43-16 is a good year but TheEagleman just felt ORU could have won this game...Hogs were not really superior....but hats off to them......:clap:

• Upvote 1

Thanks for a fun season, ORU Golden Eagles!!!...this is a gritty team that played hard and together.... TheEagleman is proud that we battled a top 12 team down to the final out twice this weekend...plus we smoked the Big 12 Champs....and ORU is an 83 RPI team?....I think not...enjoyed watching the game tonight....close but no cigar....:clap:

Tough loss but great season Golden Eagles.  Curious as to why Arkansas will not give us a home/away each year?  MSU, Wichita State, OSU, OU and Kansas have no problem with that and Fayetteville is closer than a lot of those schools.  Even Dallas Baptist alternates with us each year.  I would love to get the Hogs in JLJ, for a little payback.