2017 NCAA Tournament - ORU's 27th Appearance

TrueBlue82

8 hours ago, oruvoice said:

I like it.

What are my TV/radio options for Friday night?

If we win Friday, I think a short jaunt over to Fayetteville will be on the agenda for Saturday...

I'm not sure about radio, but it will be streamed on ESPN3.

1 hour ago, ORUTex said:

I'm not sure about radio, but it will be streamed on ESPN3.

You guys probably don't want to hear our broadcast but if you don't have another option, the Arkansas Gameday app streams our radio feed for free no matter where you are. You can delete it after the game lol

• Upvote 3

ORU Baseball has announced that our allotment of tickets for Friday night's game with the Hogs have all been sold.  They also announced that a limited amount remain for Saturday's contest.  If I was in Tulsa I would be there.  Unfortunately, it is about a 1,000 mile one way trip for me so thank the Good Lord for ESPN3.  It should be a great game and I too believe that whoever wins the Arkansas/ORU game Friday night will win the Regional.  We know we can beat both Mo. State and Ok. State.  GO GOLDEN EAGLES!

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, gohogs14 said:

You guys probably don't want to hear our broadcast but if you don't have another option, the Arkansas Gameday app streams our radio feed for free no matter where you are. You can delete it after the game lol

Appreciated! I'm old school and love a good radio broadcast of a sporting event. Even the opposing team's feed.

Thank you!

Yeah....might be fun listening to those Hog broadcasters whine while ORU is kicking their A$$.....:-P;-)

1 hour ago, oruvoice said:

Appreciated! I'm old school and love a good radio broadcast of a sporting event. Even the opposing team's feed.

Thank you!

28 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Yeah....might be fun listening to those Hog broadcasters whine while ORU is kicking their A$$.....:-P;-)

You would probably enjoy our broadcast. One of the guys can be annoying, but our play by play guy is a former minor league play by play guy with no affiliation to the UA. I think he has something like 20 years doing this, and probably 15 of them are in professional baseball. He does his homework on each team prior to the games. He asks for correct pronunciations, etc to make sure anyone listening from the opposing team can enjoy it as well. It is nice listening to someone who doesn't think a call is bad or that we will stomp everyone all the time. He calls it like he sees it since he isn't just a former player or coach, he actually got into the profession because he loves it. 

I will be watching on ESPN3 via my Roku thats connected to the plasma tv. I love the technology that allows me to follow ORU sports from Dallas.  Mrs Otis?  No so thrilled...

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

I will be watching on ESPN3 via my Roku thats connected to the plasma tv. I love the technology that allows me to follow ORU sports from Dallas.  Mrs Otis?  No so thrilled...

Sounds like it may be time to find a new Mrs. Otis...

MrsEagleman also scowls when I am watching ORU games on my phone like last Saturday afternoon at my grandsons' Little League Tournament game....lol.....and I was just joking about the Hog broadcasters whining....I expect this to be a very tough competitive game....ORU won't likely kick Arkansas' A$$.....I expect both regional games tomorrow to be close and hard fought.....:geek:

19 hours ago, ORUalum said:

Folmar w/ ND radio station...

It was fun listening to these Dakota guys interview Coach Folmar - they were obviously very familiar with the team and ORU's tradition, and they were incredibly respectful.  And, they knew their baseball.

It sounded like Ryan enjoyed talking to them as well, especially when he chuckled about Matt Whatley going after umpires - good stuff all the way around.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, oruvoice said:

Sounds like it may be time to find a new Mrs. Otis...

Heavens no....took me close to 40 years to find this one...

We are about 8 hours from the first pitch of ORU vs. The Hogs....any thoughts or predictions as to what happens tonight?...can we score some runs against their ace?  Will Ausua be able to shut down a tough UA line up in their home stadium?....tough tough game tonight and arguably one of the biggest ORU has played in the past 5 years or so....:eagles:

• Upvote 1

Five of the six total meetings between ORU and Arkansas in the postseason have been decided by 2 runs or less. No score prediction either way, but I expect it to be a battle.

• Upvote 1

Missouri State up 3-1 over OSU in the 5th....:geek:

Bears 4 Pokes 3 in the 8th.....OU smoked Xavier 7-2....and how about this....Yale 5. Nebraska 1 in the 6th....TheEagleman might have misjudged the Elis...:geek:....

Pokes take the lead in the top of the 9th on an RBI triple and a wild pitch to score another run......