Ryan Folmar strives to sustain ORU's Summit League dominance

Idig32

...Since the start of the 2015 season, ORU is 18-12 against opponents from Power 5 conferences. Against teams from the Big 12, ORU is 13-6.

Folmar has done a really good job this season.....he deserved Coach of the Year in the Summit League.....this is the first time in at least 5-6 years that I think we actually may have a shot to win a game or two in the NCAA Regionals and it's not impossible for ORU to advance because of our pitching depth and solid hitting....we have competed very well against the Power Conference schools which bodes well for June...a lot will depend on our draw...a little luck wouldn't hurt especially if we can avoid the National seeds....of course, we still need to win this weekend at JLJ....something tells me that NDSU and SDSU are going to make us earn the title......:oru-logo:

• Upvote 1

i was skeptical with the move away from California JUCOs and bringing in more OK high school and JUCO talent, but he has certainly made it work.

now he needs to start winning some games in the NCAA tournament.....no more 2 and outs.

It's a small world...I did not know that Coach Folmar was from PA until I read the article above......the guy who sits next to TheEagleman here at work is from Chambersburg, PA and knows the Folmar family very well....he said Ryan was a huge baseball star at Chambersburg and his brother a football star...he has another brother who was a baseball star at U of Pittsburgh and is now head baseball coach at Chambersburg HS......the dad was the AD at Chambersburg High for years.....so the Folmar family are all legends in Central PA and he said the entire family are really good people....:geek:

• Upvote 1