Early Regional Projections

ManiacAlum

TCU and OU both lost in the Big 12 tournament yesterday....the Frogs lost to Kansas....and the Sooners to Texas....OSU won and plays WVA tonight in OKC....:geek:

Sooners eliminated from the Big 12 Tournament by TCU. I think getting OU and one other team in Fayetteville would be the best scenario for ORU. 

TheEagleman would sign up for the Hogs...OU...McNeese in Fayetteville... We could win that....oh....OSU beat West Virginia tonight....Pokes could still steal a bid....:geek:

22 hours ago, ManiacAlum said:

Sooners eliminated from the Big 12 Tournament by TCU. I think getting OU and one other team in Fayetteville would be the best scenario for ORU. 

Just like 2006, we had Bryant, OSU and Arkansas and went 3-0.  Although we never played Bryant, we still beat Arkansas and OSU (twice) and had a good experience in Fayetteville beating power conference teams.  I hope that the NCAA guys feel Fayetteville will be a good opportunity for ORU again and that we are matched up with another group that will allow us to host the Super Regional if we are fortunate enough to win another regional.

• Upvote 1

Well...one more win on Saturday and ORU is in....then we find out on Monday afternoon where we are headed......let's pray for Fayetteville......keep us away from TCU....:oru:

I would be very surprised if the NCAA would send us back to Fort Worth to face TCU.  First, the Horned Frogs will likely be a national seed, and ORU should not be a "lower" #4 seed.  More importantly, since the time that the NCAA moved to the current four-team regional format, ORU has never been sent to the same regional in two consecutive years.  While I don't know if this is a firm rule of bracketing, I believe the committee intentionally avoids rematches from the prior year.  Fayetteville is a likely destination. 

• Upvote 1