Sarah Garvie

BlueGold

Our latest signee... just announced through a department release and on Twitter:

She actually signed on the first day of the Spring signing period.  I'm not sure why it took almost 2 weeks to release her signing.  Were they gathering info, or trying to find Misti so they could get some quotes, or was there a paperwork delay or something, only those in the know (not me) would know.

Back to Sarah... the release is pretty thorough, it covers things pretty well, but here's a link to her page on the NJCAA (National Junior College Athletic Association) site that covers her freshman (and only season) at Northern Oklahoma College:  Sarah Garvie, Northern Oklahoma Enid 2016-17

She 'transfers' into ORU-land as a true sophomore with three seasons of eligibility remaining.  

I'm not going to put much into what she averaged or what she shot from three, or even from two, this past season since junior college competition 'ain't what it used to be.'  Hopefully the 37.5% she shot from three will translate at the D-1 level, but that will depend of course on how much playing time she gets and whether we draw up plays on offense for her to shoot from distance or let her shoot when she's open, it'll be interesting to see.

It'll also be interesting to see who comes back to the team next season.  How much turnover besides KayKay and Dorka, who are done with their eligibility will we have, if any?  Inquiring minds wanna know.

This is who we have on the roster right now that can come back (listed by class in terms of eligibility):

Seniors:

Lakota Beatty, Faith Ihim

Juniors:

Jordan Doyle (redshirted last season due to injury), Jordan Gilbert (redshirted two season ago due to injury), Ashley Beatty, Maria Martianez

Sophomores:

Hillary Hurst, Alexa Scott, Rachel Skalnik, Montserrat Brotons

Freshmen:

Maria Marti (I believe she redshirted last season, must have been due to injury, would be a freshman if she returns next season)

These four are the new additions:

Sarah Garvie (incoming sophomore); Keni Jo Lippe, Maya Mayberry and Regan Schumacher (all incoming freshman)

Based on the number of players listed, if everyone listed comes back and shows up for their first seasons as Golden Eagles, we are at 15 players, and I would assume everyone listed is on scholarship, so we would be at the maximum number of scholarships allowed by the NCAA.  It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Wouldn't be surprised if a combo of Alexa, Hillary, or Marti left the program. Didn't get much playing time.