2019 interest / offers

ORUalum

1 hour ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

There is a lot of truth in the coaching cliche: "To win you have to get old and stay old"

And I would venture that the true key is actually growing old (as a player, and as a team), not just being old.

19 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Great Find OT. My thoughts were incorrect as I did not believe he was committing to ORU. He must be a special person who had Navy, Army and Air Force after him. When he signs I will be expecting with the hope that this will conclude our signings which will mean we will not be losing any players on the roster.  ??? I believe we will be better next year with experienced players returning and maybe some help in new recruits coming in. Image result for emoji images

43 minutes ago, ORU GRAD said:

Great Find OT. My thoughts were incorrect as I did not believe he was committing to ORU. He must be a special person who had Navy, Army and Air Force after him. When he signs I will be expecting with the hope that this will conclude our signings which will mean we will not be losing any players on the roster.  ??? I believe we will be better next year with experienced players returning and maybe some help in new recruits coming in. Image result for emoji images

I didn't either.

And, for that matter, I won't believe it until ORU announces it's official.

Until then, who knows for sure? 

We've all seen some pretty weird stuff when it comes to these signing announcements:  surprise destinations, parents disagreeing with their sons (and/or each other) over the choice, guys announcing they're signing with schools that haven't offered them, imposters pulling the wool over everyone's eyes, etc.

The 7-month delay since his "commitment" to ORU (on September 13th, 2018) is a head-scratcher.  If he does sign with ORU, perhaps he will eventually make known his reasons for waiting till now to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Big Dude....The Round Mound of Rebound/Charles Barkley clone.....😀

2 hours ago, ORUalum said:

lufile_full.jpg

Wears # 30 and has some of Caleb's moves.

GP27
PTS/G13.6
FG %54.2
3PT %14.3
FT %57.1
REB/G8.1
A/G0.7

A lot of stuff stands out in those clips; for what it's worth I'm inclined to withhold a grade until this whole thing plays out.

When will Elijah Lufile be taking his campus visit? Short for a 5, his size might make up for it. Although no substitute for height, girth often clears out space.

he is listed anywhere from 6'6" to 6'8"....tough to find much on him...just piecing stuff from Twitter and google....could not find an age

• redshirted 2 years already
  • currently at his second JUCO
  • older brothers (Chadrack, Meshack, Abednego) play in the Canadian Basketball League
  • Tulsa, Washington St, and Colorado St gave him a look while he was at Lamar CC
  • averaged 13.6 pts and 8.1 rebounds at Midland last year

Older brothers' names intriguing, indicating Christian influence from parents, including with Elijah's name. Realizing that ones name maketh not talent, ORU's values could be one plus in the recruiting process. Time will tell.

Today (May 15th) is the end of the spring signing period.

After this point, it gets weird until school starts, and you just have to see who is enrolled and on the roster.

• 1 month later...

My question is,who is a walk on or leaving or not coming back? Getting the big man I thought should have been the priority in the first place. I like some additions however the scramble at the point, and shooting guard spells competition for sure. I would say that Elijah will play back up for Eman and Obanor. I am also sure that is why we have not seen the new Roster out yet. Tulsa was in on the hunt for Lufile along with Washington State and Colorado State. image.jpeg.07aa24d2d3aeba0ec00fd38c4f210c22.jpeg

1 hour ago, ORU GRAD said:

My question is who is who is a walk on or leaving or not coming back?

If Lufile does end up signing this will be the big question.